The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

49ers are clearly an inferior team this year. The Seahawks have simply come to play, and with the hardest schedule, there's no denying they're kicking ass. Pretty crazy that they went from out of the playoffs a few weeks ago to possibly taking 1st in the conference in two weeks.

49ers D is awesome. The offence is bad. Kaepernick is bad.

Edited by Mr. Ambien
  • Upvote 1

Gotta love the race for the #1 seed in the NFC.

Cardinals 11-3

Packers 10-4

Lions 10-4

Seahawks 10-4

Packers (Bucs) and Lions (Bears) should both win their next games to go to 11-4, and will play each other in the last week.

Seahawks and Cardinals play each other next week.

Seahawks play a surging Rams team in the final week.

I don't know why these announcers are making such a huge deal on that call. Not only because one call doesn't decide the game, but also they seem to think the refs didn't notice he hit Wilson in the chest. But that wasn't the issue of the new rule. He only has to lead with his crown, into the chest or anywhere into the qb. Now did he have his head in a total perpendicular ramming like position, no. But he did launch himself and used mostly the top of his helmut to hit Wilson? yes.

Kaepernick's situational awareness is dog sht. He panicks too quickly. When he had a receiver wide the frack open last drive, every other similar QB like Newton or Wilson would have spotted him. Kaepernick flees too often to his left, running left while being a right-handed QB, and taking away options for himself. Dumb plays like this is why he takes so many sacks. He's not much better than Tebow.

I don't know why these announcers are making such a huge deal on that call. Not only because one call doesn't decide the game, but also they seem to think the refs didn't notice he hit Wilson in the chest. But that wasn't the issue of the new rule. He only has to lead with his crown, into the chest or anywhere into the qb. Now did he have his head in a total perpendicular ramming like position, no. But he did launch himself and used mostly the top of his helmut to hit Wilson? yes.

His head was up and he was looking at what he was tackling. That's not "launching yourself" at someone. That's how you play football, even in this pansy nitpicking era.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Kaepernick's situational awareness is dog sht. He panicks too quickly. When he had a receiver wide the frack open last drive, every other similar QB like Newton or Wilson would have spotted him. Kaepernick flees too often to his left, running left while being a right-handed QB, and taking away options for himself. Dumb plays like this is why he takes so many sacks. He's not much better than Tebow.

His head was up and he was looking at what he was tackling. That's not "launching yourself" at someone.

On the last drive he had a reciever open but he was too busy looking at the other side of the field to even notice.

Big deal because game would be 14-7 1 touchdown game

From pop warner through high school to college you're taught to have your head up looking at the body, contact, slide off. That's what the defender did, and even used his left arm to push Wilson back to lessen the push from his head.

Mike Pereira agreed it was a bad call. Die hard Seahawks fans agreed it was a bad call.

But most importantly, big deal because it goes from a 1 possession game to a 2 possession game.

Wow the Titans did the old lateral with 1 second left in the game from their own 37 and got all the way down to the Jets 7 yard line but the dummy didn’t pitch it back one more time

Kenneth Alvarado@kba41510

@Seahawks announce Ed Hochuli will have his number retired in the immediate future #49ers #Seahawks

:bigblush:

Edited by The Magician

His head was up and he was looking at what he was tackling. That's not "launching yourself" at someone. That's how you play football, even in this pansy nitpicking era.

On the call, I agree it wasn't the best call. But I can see at least some justification. He looked where he was going, but he tucked his head down for the hit. More like a forehead butt hit than a crown hit though.

On the call, I agree it wasn't the best call. But I can see at least some justification. He looked where he was going, but he tucked his head down for the hit. More like a forehead butt hit than a crown hit though.

If you look close it looks like he got his left hand around and made contact before the helmet even got there so I don't think it was a penalty but I have seem similar calls made this season. I think in stuations like this replays of at least challenges are in order.

If you look close it looks like he got his left hand around and made contact before the helmet even got there so I don't think it was a penalty but I have seem similar calls made this season. I think in stuations like this replays of at least challenges are in order.

Honestly it makes me shake my head that rather than put more discretion in replay, these leagues like the NFL and NHL put more discretion in the hands of officials. Every team has plenty of fans who think the refs are out to get their team (they confuse overall mediocrity with conspiracy), but I think it would help if the league would stop upping the refs' ability to do so. I'm resigned in the NFL's case that it's going to be bogged down 4-hour game commercial Supreme Court politics league.