The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Games out of reach not the first time they have done that.

So? There's still time on the clock. Game's not over until the last whistle is blown. That's just the way I see it. I don't care if the Pats were blown out and another team tried a long throw. It's fair game.

I just think they unnecessarily put their starting players in risky position ... Brady got rocked in one of those last plays. In fact, why is he still in there in the last 5 mins, they should give backup some snaps.

I agree and I too think it was unnecessary to attempt a long throw, yet alone leave Brady in the game but we all know Brady. The guy doesn't want to leave the field unless he's stretchered out. That's his competitive nature.

Let me ask you guys this:

If Pats win does that solidify Brady as the greatest QB of all time?

If Seattle wins does it all but guarantee a trip to the HOF for Wilson?

Yes to Brady. No for Wilson. Wilson's career is not even 5 years. Can't guarantee him HOF just yet even though potentially winning his 2nd Super Bowl in 4 seasons is a great accomplishment itself.

Let me ask you guys this:

If Pats win does that solidify Brady as the greatest QB of all time?

If Seattle wins does it all but guarantee a trip to the HOF for Wilson?

IMO you can't compare athletes of completely different era.

I would say he is the most accomplished if he wins, but how the hell do you compare him with A QB playing football in the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, Ect.

I hate him but he is The hero of our time.

• Upvote 1

I'm just super damn happy right now. I love my Patriots like I love my Canucks.

I'm going to enjoy these next 2 weeks and look forward to a great match up between Seattle and New England on February 1.

The thing I'm most thankful for is we finally made it through the AFC playoffs without an injury(ies) to key guys. It's been a few years running of bad luck. We're still without our defensive captain in Jerod Mayo, but I'll take having just him out, instead of, for example Welker tearing his knee, Wilfork tearing his achilles, Gronk tearing his knee, Gronk breaking his arm, Talib hurting his hip, Mayo tearing his pec [tore his knee this year].

See ya in Phoenix in 2 weeks, Seahawks, and here's to an exciting game.

• Upvote 1

Just my 2 cents RE: who to blame on the Packers.

Both Clinton-Dix and the 3rd string TE made brutal mistakes.

On the 2 point convert: Wilson just threw it up to the heavens on the 2 point convert. 2 or 3 Packers were in the area versus just Willson for the Seahawks. Willson was the only player to jump up for the ball.

On the onside kick: Doesn't matter who you are or how much you play, when the ball goes straight through your hands and hits you in the face, you're to blame. Instead of Crosby kicking a game winning FG, he kicks a game tying field goal.

Another note on Clinton-Dix: Didn't understand taking the knee on the interception. There was something like 5:30 left on the clock and Seattle had their timeouts. Did they think they were gonna run out 5 minutes?

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Upvote 1

Another note on Clinton-Dix: Didn't understand taking the knee on the interception. There was something like 5:30 left on the clock and Seattle had their timeouts. Did they think they were gonna run out 5 minutes?

Wasn`t Dix but their veteran safety Burnett. And yeah I still don't get it. Not like he was about to take a big shot after a couple steps. No other Seahawks even on the screen. Who knows maybe he could have returned it to about the Seattle 40 and a few yards sets up a field goal to make it 3 scores

Yeah I really hate McRetard. How he was ever a coach in the NFL I have no clue. How he is an OC is just ridiculous.

Still kind of worried by McDaniels though. Some of the play calling was ridiculously bad (running the ball down their throats and he wants to throw 3 times straight?). He needs to call a better game if the Pats are going to beat Seattle.

Wasn`t Dix but their veteran safety Burnett. And yeah I still don't get it. Not like he was about to take a big shot after a couple steps. No other Seahawks even on the screen. Who knows maybe he could have returned it to about the Seattle 40 and a few yards sets up a field goal to make it 3 scores

My mistake.

Even worse that it was a veteran. He should know better. Field position and the line of scrimmage. Win those two, and more times than not you win the game.

• Upvote 1

Loved reading the comments from the Seahawk haters, especially Magician. What a joke that guy is. Wilson had a bad first 3 quarters but don't forget the catchable drops Kearse had which he made up for. Brady only has Gronk, if Seattle shuts him down (TE's are usually their toughest to shut down)it's game over, Blount will do nothing. It'll be a classic game no doubt. Seattle fans travelled well to NJ last year, should be even more of them in AZ this year.

Loved reading the comments from the Seahawk haters, especially Magician. What a joke that guy is. Wilson had a bad first 3 quarters but don't forget the catchable drops Kearse had which he made up for. Brady only has Gronk, if Seattle shuts him down (TE's are usually their toughest to shut down)it's game over, Blount will do nothing. It'll be a classic game no doubt. Seattle fans travelled well to NJ last year, should be even more of them in AZ this year.

I was just talking about this with my brother will it be like a road game for both teams?

Haha i’m sorry Wilson was just terrible until the last 5 minutes. That was the most miraculous sequence of events i’ve seen in my life. Just gonna leave this here.

I was just talking about this with my brother will it be like a road game for both teams?

It will be interesting. Both teams have fans that travel really well.

I'm curious to see if Arizona being in the same division as Seattle has any effect.

It's hard to gauge until the game actually starts how each team's fans travel, but Seattle fans did a great job of going across the country to New Jersey last super bowl, and a lot of Pats fans made a cross country vacation out of the San Diego game this year and took over their stadium.

Both teams are more than accustomed to playing in hostile territories and both coaches will have their teams adequately prepared for any noise. Unlike John Fox, whose Broncos looked like they wanted to go back home to Denver from the opening kick off.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

It will be interesting. Both teams have fans that travel really well.

I'm curious to see if Arizona being in the same division as Seattle has any effect.

It's hard to gauge until the game actually starts how each team's fans travel, but Seattle fans did a great job of going across the country to New Jersey last super bowl, and a lot of Pats fans made a cross continent vacation out of the San Diego game this year and took over their stadium.

Both teams are more than accustomed to playing in hostile territories and both coaches will have their teams adequately prepared for any noise.

I think Pats fans actually travel pretty well. There is a TON of Pats fans in San Diego too so that may help. It would make sense that 60% would be Seahawks fans just considering that it’s on the West coast tho. -_-