The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Brady fans believe a QB could win on his own that's why he gets all the credit when they win and never the blame.

Because Tom Brady rarely makes a mistake in which it leads to his team in a craphole to come out of. When was the last time Brady threw 3 INTs in the first quarter to lead his team back to victory? I haven't seen a bad game from Brady in a long time (don't get to watch many games in the first place cuz I usually work on Sundays anyways). Edited by Apple Juice

Anyway enough trash talking. Good luck to the Patriots and the Seahawks. Should be an epic battle with one of the games greatest Quarterbacks, if not THE greatest and a future great Quarterback. The Pats have bolstered their Defense to get there, and frankly I feel great for Browner to be in the Superbowl after he got screwed by the NFL last year. Great player, great guy. As much as I hate the Pats I do respect Belichick and Brady and what they have accomplished in the past 15 years. Congrats to both teams and here's to an epic Superbowl.

Anyway enough trash talking. Good luck to the Patriots and the Seahawks. Should be an epic battle with one of the games greatest Quarterbacks, if not THE greatest and a future great Quarterback. The Pats have bolstered their Defense to get there, and frankly I feel great for Browner to be in the Superbowl after he got screwed by the NFL last year. Great player, great guy. As much as I hate the Pats I do respect Belichick and Brady and what they have accomplished in the past 15 years. Congrats to both teams and here's to an epic Superbowl.

It's going to be a great game. From a Pats fan, I want to wish all the Seahawks fans the best of luck. This will be a game for the ages, regardless of the outcome (though it would be even better if the Pats win).

This is why I stopped watching after 7-0 AFC is a joke.

Quit making yourself look silly.

Let me ask you guys this:

1.)If Pats win does that solidify Brady as the greatest QB of all time?

2.)If Seattle wins does it all but guarantee a trip to the HOF for Wilson?

1.) Definite yes. Brady already has more conference championship & SB appearances than Joe (arguably the goat considering BOTH stats & playoff success). Could've very well had 5 SB's but blew em to some clutch play by the Giants. If he wins this, he'll be 4-2 in SB's, has most postseason TD's, wins, etc. This will put Tom on Joe's level (ironically his childhood hero) and beyond it no doubt, and the thought that he has a few more years left in him is just crazy.

2.) 50/50, depends on Russ. If he wins he'll be a 2x SB winner yea, but he hasn't been a great QB or anything. Look at Eli for ex, he's won 2 but is no where near HOF material. Though Russ isn't the same as Eli obviously, he hasn't carried his team like the best ever have. Large part of his success is due to that defense thag makes it so easy for him to do what he does but no doubt Russ is a huge part of the teams success. Plus he's really young so if he wins, 4-5 more solid seasons at the least and he'll be in. If he wins and somehow fades away declining for whatever reason, than no he's not HOF material and will be known as the guy that rode his defense to success and wasn't the sole player taking control of the ship.

Because Tom Brady rarely makes a mistake in which it leads to his team in a craphole to come out of. When was the last time Brady threw 3 INTs in the first quarter to lead his team back to victory? I haven't seen a bad game from Brady in a long time (don't get to watch many games in the first place cuz I usually work on Sundays anyways).

He's had, what is it now, 12 TD's and 10 Ints in AFC championship games, not perfect like you think he is. Also he's been in this league for a long time and I'm sure he's had some bad games.

Quit making yourself look silly.

1.) Definite yes. Brady already has more conference championship & SB appearances than Joe (arguably the goat considering BOTH stats & playoff success). Could've very well had 5 SB's but blew em to some clutch play by the Giants. If he wins this, he'll be 4-2 in SB's, has most postseason TD's, wins, etc. This will put Tom on Joe's level (ironically his childhood hero) and beyond it no doubt, and the thought that he has a few more years left in him is just crazy.

2.) 50/50, depends on Russ. If he wins he'll be a 2x SB winner yea, but he hasn't been a great QB or anything. Look at Eli for ex, he's won 2 but is no where near HOF material. Though Russ isn't the same as Eli obviously, he hasn't carried his team like the best ever have. Large part of his success is due to that defense thag makes it so easy for him to do what he does but no doubt Russ is a huge part of the teams success. Plus he's really young so if he wins, 4-5 more solid seasons at the least and he'll be in. If he wins and somehow fades away declining for whatever reason, than no he's not HOF material and will be known as the guy that rode his defense to success and wasn't the sole player taking control of the ship.

While I agree that Wilson's hasn't had nearly long enough of a career to consider him for the hall of fame, to say he hasn't had to carry his team like some of the all time greats is a statement that is as often used as it is inaccurate. Take Brady for example, if you compare stats over their first 3 years you will see they are very comparable and Wilson tops Tom in a number of categories.

What all SB winning QB's have in common is they have all had great teams to help them get there but this fact is often unfairly used to detract from Wilson's successes while many others get a free pass. It's too early to tell exactly what his legacy will be but if you look at the history of a lot of the "all time greats" you will see that he is right on track to become one of them.

And funny thing I just noticed: General belief is that right-handed QBs like to throw to right, but Brady throws more often and a lot better & effectively, to the left. What's so special about that? It's opposite from Sherman who plays on the right. Huge matchup there and will see how both coaches will approach that. I've seen enough Pats games and game film (when I have time to watch it) to see this and this jumps out to me.

Also,

@lt4kicks:

The Pats have learned to celebrate the hell out of those AFC Championships because the know what comes 2 weeks later. #0-2inGlendale

@lt4kicks:

The facts are the facts. I sense the 10 year frustration in these tweets. Enjoy the AFC ring ceremony. They should have the process down

As much as it seems like trolling, Tynes is bang on. Pats have had too much success with the AFCCG and too little with the SB. What is it, 9 AFC appearences in 15 years and only 3 wins? Need to up that percentage and Lawrence is right. Pats for whatever reason seem to have a slow game in the SB but that won't do. Hawks come out flying (see asskicking against Denver last SB) and don't wait for anything so the Pats have to be sharp from the get go.

Still kinda in mixed emotions I could've been at this game too, arguably the goat. Whatever, chance I might go to the SB with cousin and 2 friends so I'll see how that turns out. As for the SB, wow, couldn't ask for more. Both powerhouses going head to head, #1 vs #1. Sucks cause I've had a renewed respect for Seattle since last week and I don't hate them since they are like our home team geographically but it's a no brainer I'll be going for the Pats. But they are up against the team of destiny...if today's insane game doesn't show that, nothing will. Hawks are destined to win after today and it'll be a really tough match for both teams.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

While I agree that Wilson's hasn't had nearly long enough of a career to consider him for the hall of fame, to say he hasn't had to carry his team like some of the all time greats is a statement that is as often used as it is inaccurate. Take Brady for example, if you compare stats over their first 3 years you will see they are very comparable and Wilson tops Tom in a number of categories.

What all SB winning QB's have in common is they have all had great teams to help them get there but this fact is often unfairly used to detract from Wilson's successes while many others get a free pass. It's too early to tell exactly what his legacy will be but if you look at the history of a lot of the "all time greats" you will see that he is right on track to become one of them.

True. Maybe I took away some appreciation away from Russ but you get my point. And I agree with you too. He's right on track and like I said, it'll depend on his next 4-5 years. Will he keep this pace up (SB wins or not after this one if he wins) or will he fade away? I see no reason to why he would but if he did, it'd take away from his legacy for sure but I highly doubt that. I love Russ and the person he is and I expect his to be great for a long time. If he wins this and keeps on doing his thing, HOFer for sure. If he loses, then it's a question to be answered later on his career.

Before last game, Russell Wilson had the highest career playoff passer rating in NFL history. Brady was 15th, 4 spots behind Eli Manning.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Not bad for a guy who was playing professional baseball 3 1/2 years ago.

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

And funny thing I just noticed: General belief is that right-handed QBs like to throw to right, but Brady throws more often and a lot better & effectively, to the left. What's so special about that? It's opposite from Sherman who plays on the right. Huge matchup there and will see how both coaches will approach that. I've seen enough Pats games and game film (when I have time to watch it) to see this and this jumps out to me.

Also,

@lt4kicks:

The Pats have learned to celebrate the hell out of those AFC Championships because the know what comes 2 weeks later. #0-2inGlendale

@lt4kicks:

The facts are the facts. I sense the 10 year frustration in these tweets. Enjoy the AFC ring ceremony. They should have the process down

As much as it seems like trolling, Tynes is bang on. Pats have had too much success with the AFCCG and too little with the SB. What is it, 9 AFC appearences in 15 years and only 3 wins? Need to up that percentage and Lawrence is right. Pats for whatever reason seem to have a slow game in the SB but that won't do. Hawks come out flying (see asskicking against Denver last SB) and don't wait for anything so the Pats have to be sharp from the get go.

Still kinda in mixed emotions I could've been at this game too, arguably the goat. Whatever, chance I might go to the SB with cousin and 2 friends so I'll see how that turns out. As for the SB, wow, couldn't ask for more. Both powerhouses going head to head, #1 vs #1. Sucks cause I've had a renewed respect for Seattle since last week and I don't hate them since they are like our home team geographically but it's a no brainer I'll be going for the Pats. But they are up against the team of destiny...if today's insane game doesn't show that, nothing will. Hawks are destined to win after today and it'll be a really tough match for both teams.

He's definitely not wrong. The Pats have lost their last 4 playoff games away from Foxboro including two Super Bowls, and yes including 18-1 in Arizona. They're going to have to find a completely different level to be ready for Super Bowl Sunday Seattle.

This is pretty much the perfect Super Bowl for me!

My #1 team (Patriots) vs my #2 team (Seahawks), I'm definitely hoping and cheering for the Patriots to win but won't completely devastated if they lose because that would mean that the Seahawks have won. It will still hurt a lot if the Seahawks do beat the Patriots, but here's to hoping for a Patriots win and for Brady to get that 4th ring!

Lynch can't keep his hands off his crotch. Real classy guy. Can't talk to the media but he can act in movies and tv shows.

Gonna get fined for this and for his no-show talking to the media post-game. Can't wait for his media day interview and what excuse or phrase he comes up with for not talking to the media.

Social anxiety is out the window.

Apparently he likes to his talking with his body language and hand gestures because you know he is from the hood and has to keep it 100.

cljwgscwlvjoswsb954v.gif

Report: NFL looking into whether Patriots “deflated footballs” in AFC title game

As the attention of the football world turns to Super Bowl XLIX, there is reportedly some question about the game balls used in the AFC Championship.

Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com and NBC’s WTHR-TV in Indianapolis reports the NFL is looking into whether the Patriots “deflated” game balls during their 45-7 victory over the Colts on Sunday night. Kravitz reports a ball was taken out of action to be weighed.

According to the NFL’s 2014 rule book, game balls are to be inflated with between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds of air. Per NFL rules, home and road teams must provide 12 game balls apiece to be tested and approved by the league 135 minutes before game time. The home team also has to have 12 reserve game balls on hand to be tested, with the road team also having that option in outdoor games.

Kravitz reports punishment for deflation could involve the NFL taking away draft selections. That prospect, however, would seemingly have to be tied to having proof of intent to deflate the ball with an eye on getting an edge, perhaps by making the ball easier to grip.

The Patriots lost their 2008 first-round pick as punishment for taping Jets signals. Head coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000, and the Patriots were docked $250,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/19/report-nfl-looking-into-whether-patriots-deflated-footballs-in-afc-title-game/related/

Don’t think this sport is for you

Disagree. Most football fans with any class whatsoever don't like to see teams running up the score. Not only that but it's just asking for a frustrated defender to take an unnecessary shot at one of your best players.

The Pats got away with it, but it wasn't a smart move, IMHO.

Game’s never out of reach. I assume you watched the Hawks game earlier.

I'm going to assume that you understand the difference between a 2 score game and a 5 score game....

Can't wait for his media day interview and what excuse or phrase he comes up with for not talking to the media.

Most of these guys say the same vanilla stuff to the media. I doubt any Seattle fans care if he talks or not.

Lynch's post game costume last week > any media interview given by chumps like Brady, etc.

espnapi_dm_150111_Marshawn_Lynch_E28098I

Edited by M A K A V E L I 96