The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Wtf.

Thought the media day attire both the Pats and Hawks wore today, provided by Nike, were nice and thought I'd check how much those white jackets all the players were wearing were.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/super-bowl-fly-rush-patriots-training-top/pid-10307460/pgid-10312125

$160 for essentially a Nike windbreaker with a couple logos. What a rip off. I know team apparel is usually over priced, but at least you're usually getting a good quality pull over that'll keep you warm and whatnot.

Looks so sick but $150 DOLLARS? It was made for like $20 bucks maximum. What a scam.

Kudos to the Atlanta Falcons for waiting it out to get Dan Quinn.

I've never understood why teams rush and hire another guy when the original guy they wanted advances a couple more rounds in the playoffs. What benefit does it give you if you know who your HC is on January 15 instead of February 2nd? It's not like in those two weeks the HC is going to make his most important decisions.

Apparently the owner of the Falcons, Blank, is the one who made the decision to wait for Quinn because back when they last made a head coaching change, Blank wanted Rex Ryan but GM Dimitroff rushed to get Smith instead of wait for Rex.

I am so bloody nervous about this game that I'm actually thinking about it as I try to fall asleep at night. Exact same way I felt before the last two SB games. Don't like it!

Been thinking about the game for a good couple days now. Days are going by pretty damn slow and it's agony is killing me on the inside lol.

Just the thought if Tom loses, it'll be 3 losses in a row and be a pretty big dent in his career which is great but it'll be a pretty big blemish. If they win however, he's rocketed to the top with discussion of the greats or possibly will be the greatest ever. What's the big problem? It's the Hawks we're facing....(&@&#*?~'£*+....God damn, I'm soooooo nervous...and unlike the last two, I'm actually scared so maybe this is good for a change?

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Been thinking about the game for a good couple days now. Days are going by pretty damn slow and it's agony is killing me on the inside lol.

Just the thought if Tom loses, it'll be 3 losses in a row and be a pretty big dent in his career which is great but it'll be a pretty big blemish. If they win however, he's rocketed to the top with discussion of the greats or possibly will be the greatest ever. What's the big problem? It's the Hawks we're facing....(&@&#*?~'£*+....God damn, I'm soooooo nervous...and unlike the last two, I'm actually scared so maybe this is good for a change?

Three losses wouldn't hurt his image. Look at the the Bills, 4 lost Super Bowls in a row SB 25-28 and the players (and head coach) from that era have been making it into the Hall of Fame. Brady's induction is a sure thing and few people will think less of him even if he doesn't win another Super Bowl.

Three losses wouldn't hurt his image. Look at the the Bills, 4 lost Super Bowls in a row SB 25-28 and the players (and head coach) from that era have been making it into the Hall of Fame. Brady's induction is a sure thing and few people will think less of him even if he doesn't win another Super Bowl.

It hurts the argument of him being the goat.

Marshawn may be fined for the beast mode hat but it sold out yesterday and people are still placing orders. Looks to be a profitable move.

NFL is retarded. New Era is the official license partner for caps/hats for the NFL and that's what Beast is wearing except he put his logo in it. He's not competing with anyone, it's just his own brand. It's ridiculous how far up Lynch's ass the league goes. They are pathetic and sore losers for trying to pick apart every single thing he does.

Marshawn may be fined for the beast mode hat but it sold out yesterday and people are still placing orders. Looks to be a profitable move.

It’s ridiculous though because the hat was made by New Era and they’re the official hat of the NFL (aka league partners)

I thought the problem was with brands that weren’t sponsors/part of the league...

The front office really has a hate on for Marshawn

Maybe, maybe not though. Urlacher was fined $100K for drinking out of the wrong brand of waterbottle so I'd imagine they'll fine Marshawn more. He'd have to sell a heck of a lot of merch for that to be profitable.

Edited by Crom!

PHOENIX -- Richard Sherman isn't just preparing for the New England Patriots this week.

He's getting ready for the birth of his son.

The Seattle cornerback is on baby watch this week. His girlfriend, Ashley Moss, is expected to give birth to their son in the next week. Sherman said Wednesday a recent visit to the doctor gave him faith his son will not arrive in the next few days.

But just in case, Sherman said Moss is in Arizona with Super Bowl XLIX around the corner. If she goes into labor before Sunday, Sherman said the plan is to have her give birth at a local hospital.

But if his son decides it's time to enter the world on Sunday, Sherman may be faced with a career-defining decision.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there," Sherman said. "We're not thinking about the possibility."

Sherman said he and Moss have picked a name for their son, but he wouldn't divulge it.

"I'm going to pass on telling you," he said with a smile. "We're keeping it a secret from everybody."

During Tuesday's Super Bowl media day, Sherman said knowing his son is on the way will give him an extra degree of motivation Sunday.

"It's someone that actually depends on you for everyday living," Sherman said. "Everything they do is dependent on you and how you provide and how successful you are.

"As a parent, you want to set a great example for them, so I guess, to a degree, a lot of things are riding on it."

Maybe, maybe not though. Urlacher was fined $100K for drinking out of the wrong brand of waterbottle so I'd imagine they'll fine Marshawn more. He'd have to sell a heck of a lot of merch for that to be profitable.

It wasn't just for the water, it was also for the hat that Urlacher wore. That's one of the reasons that the media is writing about it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2841997