The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

@AlbertBreer:

Also, the Lions offered DT Ndamukong Suh a deal worth $17 million per year with $58 million in guarantees.

$uh. These hoes ain't loyal.

Roughly what I thought it would be. Little more money in miami with no state income taxes which makes it alot more. 17 millions can fill alot of holes on the team though.

Will be interesting to see how the defense does after this move. Where it will be most obvious will be against the run, but im more interested in how it affects the play of our secondary. Going into last year everybody thought it was the weak point, but they played great. I feel confident Slay and Quin can keep it up, but if we can't get pressure on the qb I think guys like Mathis and Ihedigbo will get really exposed.

Going from Manning to Bortles will be quite the shock for him. Think at the end of the season he may be viewed as the most overpaid free agent of the year? As of right now I do.

Manning is only going to be around for 2 years at the max. Long term Bortles isn't such a bad choice. He chose the money for sure but the Jags are coming. That offense will put up some points next yr. Will surprise, especially if Blackmon comes back

Manning is only going to be around for 2 years at the max. Long term Bortles isn't such a bad choice. He chose the money for sure but the Jags are coming. That offense will put up some points next yr. Will surprise, especially if Blackmon comes back

I can't say I completely disagree (just mostly :P ). The money would have been much better served on the o-line. Can't say I watch many Jags games, but from what I've read/heard, that line is terrible. Can't make a pass if you don't get more that a couple seconds to read the field, especially as a young guy.

But yeah they've got young weapons in Hurns, Lee and Robinson to compliment Thomas

I can't say I completely disagree (just mostly :P ). The money would have been much better served on the o-line. Can't say I watch many Jags games, but from what I've read/heard, that line is terrible. Can't make a pass if you don't get more that a couple seconds to read the field, especially as a young guy.

But yeah they've got young weapons in Hurns, Lee and Robinson to compliment Thomas

True but the Jags have so much cap haha it doesn't matter. They can still fix the line. Young team still improving. It's fine.

Personally think Chip is overrated at the NFL level, just my opinion, and think all these moves he's making will still have them end at #2 in the division behind Dallas. Maxwell got so overpaid he's probably on cloud 9 right now. All his boys he grew up with are probably getting a sick present from him cause he, like many Seattle fans and people who know him, probably never imagined ever getting a contract like this.

I wish we had Logan Mankins now that Suh is in the division. Mankins would slap that clown around and make sure no one got "accidentally" stomped on. Aaron Rodgers must be thrilled - gets Cobb back and doesn't have to see Suh twice a year. Though at least Incognito is in the division, that'll be fun to watch.

Pats fans have been getting way too cocky over the internet in online forums and article comments sections. Nobody here is doing that fortunately. They have to remember that anything can happen during a season and that the Patriots aren't guaranteed another Super Bowl appearance.

• Upvote 1

Pats fans have been getting way too cocky over the internet in online forums and article comments sections. Nobody here is doing that fortunately. They have to remember that anything can happen during a season and that the Patriots aren't guaranteed another Super Bowl appearance.

Honestly, I'm ecstatic, relieved, excited, and grateful about this past Super Bowl win and look forward to a more relaxed approach to the upcoming season.

Mainly because the, "Pats haven't won since ______" and , "Omg Brady won his last ring 10 years ago get over it," comments are moot points now. While I of course will have high expectations as long as Brady and BB lead this team, there isn't a, "oh my god this has to happen, we have to win, please God we have to win," feeling to it.

If that makes any sense lol.

Honestly, I'm ecstatic, relieved, excited, and grateful about this past Super Bowl win and look forward to a more relaxed approach to the upcoming season.

Mainly because the, "Pats haven't won since ______" and , "Omg Brady won his last ring 10 years ago get over it," comments are moot points now. While I of course will have high expectations as long as Brady and BB lead this team, there isn't a, "oh my god this has to happen, we have to win, please God we have to win," feeling to it.

If that makes any sense lol.

Makes sense. Basically a "take the upcoming season as a game by game approach" rather than just assuming that they will automatically beat everybody.

I think the Pats will win the division, but another Super Bowl is by no means a sure thing.