The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

uSTADIUM @uSTADIUM 25m25 minutes ago

Some pretty big news, per @JaysonBraddock the #49ers have put QB Colin Kaepernick on the trade block. Wow.

A couple of my buddies are down in Phoenix training for the CFL combine with EXOS and Kaep is one of the QB's who trains there and throws (among other NFL'ers), and I've heard even the not-yet-professional receivers thought their college QB's in both Canada and US threw better balls than Kaep.

uSTADIUM ‏@uSTADIUM 25m25 minutes ago

Some pretty big news, per @JaysonBraddock the #49ers have put QB Colin Kaepernick on the trade block. Wow.

A couple of my buddies are down in Phoenix training for the CFL combine with EXOS and Kaep is one of the QB's who trains there and throws (among other NFL'ers), and I've heard even the not-yet-professional receivers thought their college QB's in both Canada and US threw better balls than Kaep.

Wow

Wtf are they going to do at QB doe

Smart move to ask Browner to re-structure his deal or cut him. Anyone with the littlest football knowledge could tell you to cut Browner to keep Revis.

Sure, I'd love Browner to stay, I love the attitude he brings to that secondary, but I'd much rather give half his money to Revis.

I wonder if Browner, like McCourty, is a character guy who cares about winning, or a money, get rich quick guy considering he took the long route through the CFL barely making any money and then sitting out a year.

Smart move to ask Browner to re-structure his deal or cut him. Anyone with the littlest football knowledge could tell you to cut Browner to keep Revis.

Sure, I'd love Browner to stay, I love the attitude he brings to that secondary, but I'd much rather give half his money to Revis.

I wonder if Browner, like McCourty, is a character guy who cares about winning, or a money, get rich quick guy considering he took the long route through the CFL barely making any money and then sitting out a year.

I wouldn’t blame Browner if he left for more money

He’d still be a beast

Problem isn't Browner or any of the other guys. Problem is Revis and he's a bitch.

I mean ffs, he's such a frusturating player when it comes to financing. Majority of guys are taking it on the chin for the team to stay here. Remember, you were brought it and given a chance to lift yourself up from the trenches. The team you hated most. They gave back life, let you win the SB, and here you are now being a dick and screwing over everyone else. I mean holy crap, $13-$15 mill should be more than enough. To compare, Sherman and Peterson get $14 mill per and Revis here is going nuts. Sometimes it's not about the money especially when you can take a "discount" and still make more than most guys.

Great player, no doubt but man, his prioritizing of money his entire career has been a real pain in the a$$

Problem isn't Browner or any of the other guys. Problem is Revis and he's a bitch.

I mean ffs, he's such a frusturating player when it comes to financing. Majority of guys are taking it on the chin for the team to stay here. Remember, you were brought it and given a chance to lift yourself up from the trenches. The team you hated most. They gave back life, let you win the SB, and here you are now being a dick and screwing over everyone else. I mean holy crap, $13-$15 mill should be more than enough. To compare, Sherman and Peterson get $14 mill per and Revis here is going nuts. Sometimes it's not about the money especially when you can take a "discount" and still make more than most guys.

Great player, no doubt but man, his prioritizing of money his entire career has been a real pain in the a$$

He said he wants to be known as the greatest, but 10, 20, 50 years later, people remember the greats who won, not the guys who made the most money. Yeah sure he can go to the Jets and finish in 3rd/4th in the division for the next 3 years and then he's out of his prime.

I don't know, from everything I've heard he's said he wants to stay to win, but if he wants to be paid 5+ mill more than Sherman and Peterson, not worth it.

Apparently his representation has said that Revis has said he's more mature and doesn't care as much about money as he does about winning as long as he gets what he feels is a fair value on his talent. But if the other top CB's are making 14 mill and you want 19, then, I mean, wtf.

uSTADIUM @uSTADIUM 25m25 minutes ago

Wouldn't be shocked to see him end up either a Jet or an Eagle, especially if Gore to Philly reports are true.

@KMart_LI:

Revis hasn't hit free agency, but if he does, I heard he's seeking something in the ballpark of 3yrs, $48M with $40M gtd. We'll see.

DR is crazy!

Funny thing is - the cap hit of that contract would be 9 mill cheaper than the cap hit if we had exercised his option for this year.

The reaction/surprise of people to hearing we didn't exercise his option took me by surprise. People could've told you last summer that his option wouldn't get exercised.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him end up either a Jet or an Eagle, especially if Gore to Philly reports are true.

I'll have to stop being a Philly fan, if that's the case. I've hated everything they've done this off-season, and all the other things they've been rumoured to do. It's hard to watch.