The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

How much truth is in that Haynesworth letter to his younger self? Because if it's true that his brand and style of football changed as soon as he became a Redskin, wow.

And I didn't really follow Haynesworth other than the fact that he was the most sought after defensive lineman in his free agent year.

Russell Wilson said God spoke to him right after the Superbowl interception. He also claims that he has heard God on multiple occasions. I believe in God, but I seriously doubt that he takes interest in football games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/06/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-right-after-super-bowl-interception/

Russell Wilson said God spoke to him right after the Superbowl interception. He also claims that he has heard God on multiple occasions. I believe in God, but I seriously doubt that he takes interest in football games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/06/russell-wilson-says-god-spoke-to-him-right-after-super-bowl-interception/

635585737219863943--96V1085.jpg

He did talk to him after the game. ;)

• Upvote 2

Man, these college kids kicking 70, 80 yard field goals. Pretty soon in the NFL a 3 and out from your own 40 will result in 3 points.

Are they kicking them without pressure?

Not that it matters, since for some reason special teams players throughout the NFL have seriously taken their foot off the gas when it comes to trying to block a FG.

I also don't see it as too much a risk since if the kicker misses short on a 70 or 80 yard attempt, that's going to be a huge return.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Man, these college kids kicking 70, 80 yard field goals. Pretty soon in the NFL a 3 and out from your own 40 will result in 3 points.

This has been said a billion times before. First it was "OMG European soccer players can kick 70 yard field goals!" then Rugby players, then Aussie rules football players. Now college kids. It never materializes in the NFL.

The longest college field goal ever was 69 yards in 1976 at East Texas State.

The longest NFL field goal ever was 64 yards in 2013 by Matt Prater ( Denver, now playing for Detroit)

They are kicking them without pads or a helmet too. No time constraints, no opposition. So basically the opposite of a game type situation.

Not that it matters, since for some reason special teams players throughout the NFL have seriously taken their foot off the gas when it comes to trying to block a FG.

I also don't see it as too much a risk since if the kicker misses short on a 70 or 80 yard attempt, that's going to be a huge return.

This has been said a billion times before. First it was "OMG European soccer players can kick 70 yard field goals!" then Rugby players, then Aussie rules football players. Now college kids. It never materializes in the NFL.

The longest college field goal ever was 69 yards in 1976 at East Texas State.

The longest NFL field goal ever was 64 yards in 2013 by Matt Prater ( Denver, now playing for Detroit)

They are kicking them without pads or a helmet too. No time constraints, no opposition. So basically the opposite of a game type situation.

They're kicking them uncontested, yes, but the leg power of college kids nowadays is increasing due to many variables (way more training, supplements, coaching, other "supplements") and will probably continue to increase.

Not saying that every college kicker will have a leg like the recent 3 who have popped up, but if one has the leg power and accuracy to kick an uncontested 80 yard field goal, it's not impossible to think that he could kick a 70 yarder that's contested.

They're kicking them uncontested, yes, but the leg power of college kids nowadays is increasing due to many variables (way more training, supplements, coaching, other "supplements") and will probably continue to increase.

Then why hasnt the college longest field goal record been beaten in almost 40 years?

Then why hasnt the college longest field goal record been beaten in almost 40 years?

Maybe the kicker in the video is a freshman and hasn't played yet because the season hasn't begun :P

Though I don't think any coach would call for the FG unit to run onto the field to attempt a 70 yard field goal in a game even if his kicker has proven in practice he can do it.