The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Everybody acting like Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are just destroying the nfl. Uh no. SF, Pittsburgh, Minny, Bal, Cle. Other than Minny (decimated with injuries) all those teams have terrible defenses and their secondaries are trash. 

The Panthers and Cards are still the teams to beat in the nfc imo. 

This reminds me of the Eagles and Nick Foles hot streak in his first year  when he had hardly any INTS and was throwing td's left and right and had 8tds against the Raiders I think even..

Eagles ended up losing to the Saints a good physical d at the time and their inflated offensive production was because of facing terrible defenses totally over matched because of injuries or lack of talent.

I would put Arizona ahead of Seattle and Carolina because I think Arizona has 3 good receivers with Floyd,Fitz, and John Brown that probably no team can match this year except the Steelers terrific trio who are probably the 3 fastest staring wr group in the league with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and then Markus Wheaton who has really emerged of late and lit up the L.O.B.

Like I said before Denver and Cincy are not the biggest roadblocks to the Patriots making it back to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers can score points on anyone and their defense was even half decent against the pass imo they would be a legit Super Bowl favorite forget just a potential contender.

Belichick probably already getting some ideas ready for when the Patriots get their bye weak to start scheming on how to face an offense that can't be totally stopped but only contained.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

This reminds me of the Eagles and Nick Foles hot streak in his first year  when he had hardly any INTS and was throwing td's left and right and had 8tds against the Raiders I think even..

Eagles ended up losing to the Saints a good physical d at the time and their inflated offensive production was because of facing terrible defenses totally over matched because of injuries or lack of talent.

I would put Arizona ahead of Seattle and Carolina because I think Arizona has 3 good receivers with Floyd,Fitz, and John Brown that probably no team can match this year except the Steelers terrific trio who are probably the 3 fastest staring wr group in the league with Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and then Markus Wheaton who has really emerged of late and lit up the L.O.B.

Like I said before Denver and Cincy are not the biggest roadblocks to the Patriots making it back to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers can score points on anyone and their defense was even half decent against the pass imo they would be a legit Super Bowl favorite forget just a potential contender.

Belichick probably already getting some ideas ready for when the Patriots get their bye weak to start scheming on how to face an offense that can't be totally stopped but only contained.

Honestly, the Steelers and Ravens are probably the only teams in the AFC, aside from the Patriots, that any team needs to worry about in the playoffs because those 3 teams always up their game to the next level once the playoffs begin. I can't think of any other team in the AFC that would bring their A game other than the Steelers and Ravens. Maybe the Jets of old when Rex used to coach but that's it.

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Dont count out JJ Nelson that beast. Cards are deep at wr.

Steelers have the best offence in the league though. That's without Bell too. Antonio Brown is the best wr in the league. That attack is just lethal. Easily the biggest threat to the Pats. 

Can't count out the Broncos if Peyton gets healthy. 

Jets aint no slouches either but they need to get in.

Should be fun!

Congrats to Malcolm Butler on making the Pro Bowl. So deserving. Wasn't even leading in votes which means coaches and players voted him in.

Pretty awesome. Could've been a one hit wonder with that historic SB play but instead he's worked his ass off to prove he's more than just that and has emerged has a true #1 CB. Lots of opposing teams respect his play and having seen him progress week after werk this season, it's just so rewarding to see him get voted in by his peers. 

• Upvote 2

On December 23, 2015 at 5:58 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

Hightower being snubbed is laughable. He's probably thinking wth is wrong with the selection process. One of the best overall linebackers in the league. Not a huge deal but would be a nice little personal ribbon to have for him.

Same with Dunlap. 10.5 sacks, 2 blocked field goals, Walter Payton MOTY nominee etc. Would've been a complete snub if we didn't already have 5 players going. 

34 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

https://twitter.com/huffingtonpost/status/680933201343307776

Peyton taking PEDs and still sucks. Lmao. Either put in the work to keep yourself fit enough to keep playing at this age or call it a career. It's as easy as that. 

You might want to check the validity of the sources before pointing the finger...

Edited by c00kies

Eagles ended their playoff hopes in a game that pretty much reflected the entire season. 7 dropped passes, 7 fumbles (2 lost).

With that said I actually feel pretty good about next year. Bradford should be resigned even if they have to overpay a bit he really turned his season around and has looked like a legit talent in the 2nd half of the year. He is just surrounded by incompetence. I would also like Chip to return as his system isn't a problem and works in the NFL but I would consider revoking his full control over the roster. Chip is terrible at evaluating talent. I miss Andy Reid's drafts. Reid's last Eagles draft consisted of...

1 - Fletcher Cox

2 - Mychal Kendricks

2 - Vinny Curry

3 - Nick Foles

4 - Brandon Boykin

5 - Dennis Kelly

6 - Marvin McNutt Jr.

6 - Brandon Washington

7 - Bryce Brown

Meanwhile Chip is giving us guys like Marcus Smith and Nelson Agholor xD Hicks and Matthews have been the only 2 guys hes drafted in the last 2 years that have been legit.

But I think if they focus the draft and FA on the offensive line and WR's they will fix the offensive issues. I would also cut Riley Cooper. Defensively I would simply fire Bill Davis. The Eagles have a lot of defensive talent but the system is just idiotic. It doesn't maximize their strengths and it embraces their weaknesses. 

I doubt they turn it around in the fashion Carolina did but I see them in a similar situation where a few specific changes could get them rolling again.

14 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Peyton taking PEDs and still sucks. Lmao. Either put in the work to keep yourself fit enough to keep playing at this age or call it a career. It's as easy as that. 

LOL. False allegations imo. Peyton's build doesn't exactly scream out roids. Not to mention, Manning hasn't done anything in his career to warrant suspicion. 

37 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

LOL. False allegations imo. Peyton's build doesn't exactly scream out roids. Not to mention, Manning hasn't done anything in his career to warrant suspicion. 

Likely false, but not for that reason. HGH is the drug in question and is typically used to exponentially speed up injury/surgery recovery time. Your muscles don't bulk like roids they simply repair themselves much faster. 

The timeline of alleged drug use with his neck surgery and comeback align. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Not sure if you read the article carefully, but 2011 was the year he was accused of using. He always came across as a good natured country bumpkin who wouldn't do anything wrong so I don't buy the allegations, but with the high profile sports figures who have been busted over the years I would not be surprised if another was outed.