The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Not confident at all. Really don't like Glenn as a QB, even in an emergency.

That play in the second half???! He had nothing but yardage in front of him, started to run then TURNED around and went back into traffic then threw the ball away (was almost sacked)! It was such a clear indication of how horrible he is at scrambling and how tentative he can be. Make the decision and go...don't have second thoughts. He is not confident enough to pick up the yards himself but you need a QB who can.

That play in the second half???! He had nothing but yardage in front of him, started to run then TURNED around and went back into traffic then threw the ball away (was almost sacked)! It was such a clear indication of how horrible he is at scrambling and how tentative he can be. Make the decision and go...don't have second thoughts. He is not confident enough to pick up the yards himself but you need a QB who can.

That had me screaming at my TV, and you're bang on; it's all confidence. Looked like a first down was a possibility, and then nothing. Opposing defences don't even need to bother defending against it. You NEED your QB to have some confidence that he can make that kind of play in order to be a winner. Our D and running game are filthy, but it's tough sledding if we get stuck behind and our QB can't lead a drive.

That had me screaming at my TV, and you're bang on; it's all confidence. Looked like a first down was a possibility, and then nothing. Opposing defences don't even need to bother defending against it. You NEED your QB to have some confidence that he can make that kind of play in order to be a winner. Our D and running game are filthy, but it's tough sledding if we get stuck behind and our QB can't lead a drive.

That's part of it..he's just making it so much easier for the defensive coordinators on the other side. They can rule out him running with it, as he can't/doesn't (at least effectively). So limiting when he can't be an option C.

As you've said, an easy first down on that one. He was a liability, not an asset there.

Just got home from the game...was a great energy in the building and it was so nice for them to get a good win. They were finding their groove by the end, Logan and Harris didn't stop their legs from moving and got extra yards on some plays that they should have been down on. Manny :) The defense was fired up, love it. Sol celebrates every tackle like it's the best thing ever...so great. Decided to buy my seat as a season ticket for next year.

Pretty sure I saw you on TV haha. You're the one who brings the cowbell right?

Just got home from the game...was a great energy in the building and it was so nice for them to get a good win. They were finding their groove by the end, Logan and Harris didn't stop their legs from moving and got extra yards on some plays that they should have been down on. Manny :) The defense was fired up, love it. Sol celebrates every tackle like it's the best thing ever...so great. Decided to buy my seat as a season ticket for next year.

Awesome!

Think I have my girlfriend and her father convinced to buy season tickets next year. Pretty cheap for the entertainment value as far as I'm concerned. Miss the days of old when they would fill the place. even 35,000 in the stands is nice, not the 26,000 they're averaging now.

I'm convinced they need to lower prices or at the very least, change the pricing structure. Pretty stupid that a seat row 1 on the 50 yard line cost the same as a seat on the 400 level on the 50.

Like the play of Glenn last night, still not convinced he can take us to the grey Cup an win it all though. I'd like to see Beck get some game time in down the road if we can manage to put a bit of distance on Winnipeg.

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN · 4h
Also @LOKOBOSEKO will make his #CFL debut tomorrow night vs #Argos. #BCLions #OregonDucks
Look out for this guy, he was #1 ranked prospect and dropped in the draft because he was expected to get drafted in the NFL but didn't and BC drafted him.
I've heard good things about this guy and have a feeling he'll have a big game, damn our LB core will look alot better adding Lokombo and Chin who we drafted this year.

Horrible news for the Lions with Courtney Taylor done for the year, Ianuzzi will have to step up, Taylor was the best reciever behind Arceneaux

I'm sure he will, Iannuzzi is a good player, just doesn't get many chances. But he does make the most of them. Kinda excited to see how well he will do. Big opportunity for him.

Bryan Burnham is going to fill in for Taylor, Burnham was pretty good in college. We don't have much depth on our WR core.

I would rather have Ernest Jackson instead of the rookie Burnham, Jackson was actually pretty solid some games, he's a big guy and has RB size when he's in openfield.

I'm sure he will, Iannuzzi is a good player, just doesn't get many chances. But he does make the most of them. Kinda excited to see how well he will do. Big opportunity for him.

Glenn needs to use Shawn Gore more, as well. He's too good to have only 300 or so receiving yards this season.

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN · 4h
Also @LOKOBOSEKO will make his #CFL debut tomorrow night vs #Argos. #BCLions #OregonDucks
Look out for this guy, he was #1 ranked prospect and dropped in the draft because he was expected to get drafted in the NFL but didn't and BC drafted him.
I've heard good things about this guy and have a feeling he'll have a big game, damn our LB core will look alot better adding Lokombo and Chin who we drafted this year.

Whatever happened to T-Dre...is he still with the Leos? I also like the look of that RB Antolin..I hope he gets a shot someday..I just dont see a position for him right now.