The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Considering BC was predicted to finish in the bottom of the CFL, I'll take this season as a win and a step in the right direction. Lions won 2 more games at home this year and finished 2nd in the CFL.

The Lions put an exciting team to watch on the field this year compared to last.  Lions were simply outclassed today. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Scroll back and you will see I picked them to meet in the Grey Cup  :ph34r::lol:

Before today I figured if BC was going to lose I wanted an all Alberta Grey Cup in Toronto.  Tickets sales were weak for the game. Was really hoping to see a tonne of empty seats.  I'm sure with Ottawa winning tickets sale will improve.

it was an unexpectedly good year

man wally sure makes a big difference as coach

he has to try to live forever i fear

anyone .. solid year for the team . .with upside for next year

our qb needs more experience

and we just need a bit more talent on d

stamps had a truly great year and deserve to win the cup this season

nothing wrong with them finishing off with the championship

• Upvote 2

Disappointing result today for the Lions. Game was over after the 1st half when they were up 32-0. There are many positives to takeaway from this season though. They were the only team to beat a good team in Calgary. Jennings took a step closer to being the Lions' QB for many years to come barring a Lulay comeback story. Overall, it was good solid season by the team but the team will bounce back next season and challenge for the Grey Cup again hopefully. Till next year.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, gurn said:

Good year, terrible game.

Have to find a kicker, a pass rush and a db or two for next year.

Very succinctly put.  The midfield is ok as is, but the rest of the D is lacking.  Maybe Leone will work on his accuracy over the winter, or maybe the old man will come back next season.

The team did overachieve this year.  It's a shame to see them lose when they got our hopes up though.

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Very succinctly put.  The midfield is ok as is, but the rest of the D is lacking.  Maybe Leone will work on his accuracy over the winter, or maybe the old man will come back next season.

The team did overachieve this year.  It's a shame to see them lose when they got our hopes up though.

I don't quite know that they overachieved though.

4 of their 6 losses during the season were by 4 or less points.

10 of their 12 wins were by a touchdown or more. 

Their losses were close, and their wins weren't. Pretty much the definition of underachieving.

You can say they overachieved based on their roster makeup, or early season predictions made about them, but they certainly weren't a lucky team.

20 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't quite know that they overachieved though.

4 of their 6 losses during the season were by 4 or less points.

10 of their 12 wins were by a touchdown or more. 

Their losses were close, and their wins weren't. Pretty much the definition of underachieving.

You can say they overachieved based on their roster makeup, or early season predictions made about them, but they certainly weren't a lucky team.

well that really is quite the cup half full perspective

they were hurt and helped by a young gunslinging quarterback who pulled out games but also lost games

in a bit of a rollercoast ride this season, i think it is very hard to say they underacheived

given last years record i side more with the view the team overachieved this year

we got to see exciting and at times maddening football

too much turned on our qb in my view

but at least he has experience now (i do hope we keep lulay at least another season and play him a little bit more as well)

i think wally has a good handle on this team

there are 24 free agents, more than half the roster

wally will rebuild the team to shore up the weaknesses and hopefully create a little better balance on both the offense and defence

next year should be fun

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I used to like Dickenson when he played for the Leos....but I cant stand him now..he comes across as a smug .humorless twat....I hope they lose...but I doubt that will happen.

I doubt it too.

This might be the most dominant team I can ever remember in the CFL.  

Just wondering about their O-Line. I think they had a couple of guys go out last game?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I used to like Dickenson when he played for the Leos....but I cant stand him now..he comes across as a smug .humorless twat....I hope they lose...but I doubt that will happen.

Calgary and Alberta in general will do that to you. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I think it's Ottawa's year. Feeling it. Can't stand Dickenson win the Grey Cup and demolished the Leos' a$$es last week. As much as I hate that he did that, I still have tons of respect for him as he did bring the Leos a few Grey Cups in his tenure here as the main QB.

Nein..  Do your research.