The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

Why doesn't Glenn run? I can distinctly remember one play in this game, and I've seen others in previous games, where it would have been better to run than get sacked or make a short/incomplete pass.

He's never been a runner. That's what makes Lulay such an asset at QB. The play doesn't automatically end when the pocket collapses.

Why doesn't Glenn run? I can distinctly remember one play in this game, and I've seen others in previous games, where it would have been better to run than get sacked or make a short/incomplete pass.

As a Bombers fan I can answer that.

He has moments of brilliance followed by moments of disaster....it's almost like he forgets how to play....

All the 'meaningful' games start once Labor Day comes round .. Lulay will be back and the "O-Line" had best be ready to boogie .. as an aside .. are these CFL officials in the same "Union" as the NHL boys? .. I swear they seem all too familiar.

Edited by Tearloch7
  • Upvote 1

Told you all Glenn sucks. He's washed up and crappy, panics, can't throw a deep ball. Like seriously when did you see Glenn throw a completed deep ball?

He's terrible, get injured and don't play again for christ sakes you suck Glenn.

Start Partridge, release Glenn.

Edited by Plum

He's never been a runner. That's what makes Lulay such an asset at QB. The play doesn't automatically end when the pocket collapses.

That doesn't mean he couldn't run. Regardless of what his tendencies are, if there's a wide open lane on a broken play, he should take it. The opposing D knowing that he'll always attempt a pass is far too predictable.

Told you all Glenn sucks. He's washed up and crappy, panics, can't throw a deep ball. Like seriously when did you see Glenn throw a completed deep ball?

He's terrible, get injured and don't play again for christ sakes you suck Glenn.

Start Partridge, release Glenn.

I wouldn't mind giving Partridge a shot before Lulay comes back but don't release Glenn. We gave up our 1st round draft pick for him and I'd have more confidence in Partridge-Glenn than Partridge-Beck.

Also, I chuckle whenever I realize that our current QB tandem is Glenn-Beck.

That doesn't mean he couldn't run. Regardless of what his tendencies are, if there's a wide open lane on a broken play, he should take it. The opposing D knowing that he'll always attempt a pass is far too predictable.

You should try hypnotizing him because I doubt he'll ever change that part of his game. I've watched every game and have only seen him run down the field once, maybe twice.

I definitely seems to be a last resort for him...

There was a second down play early in the game where he had scrambled out of the pocket and had an easy run for the first. Instead he threw a cross-body wobbler that E Jackson had to make a diving catch on. I was yelling "run!" and "WTF are you doing!" at my TV.

I definitely seems to be a last resort for him...

There was a second down play early in the game where he had scrambled out of the pocket and had an easy run for the first. Instead he threw a cross-body wobbler that E Jackson had to make a diving catch on. I was yelling "run!" and "WTF are you doing!" at my TV.

actually I saw him one time run into the pocket and the on coming rush...realized what he did and ran out again...

Edited by ShakyWalton