The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFL/BC Lions Thread

Shift-4

He made contact with him before the ball arrived. They've called it tight all game. That's a good challenge and a b.s.call. You know its crap when even TSN doesn't change their tune after a call.

Give me a break. He made contact AS the ball arrived, not before. And the 'contact' was negligible.

The bias is real. I'm a Lions fan but there is no chance in hell that was PI.

Should have been but I don't think you should reverse a call that close either way.

In a game where you're calling every single thing...I believe you should. If it's the right call, you make it.

But w/e....Winnipeg's playing lights out. Doesn't matter much if you can't stop them.

Give me a break. He made contact AS the ball arrived, not before. And the 'contact' was negligible.

The bias is real. I'm a Lions fan but there is no chance in hell that was PI.

LOL! That's been called multiple times this year in the CFL. At any rate. The CFL is turning itself into a circus sideshow at this rate.

Give the refs more control and they will take more control of the game.

• Upvote 1

I'd go for fair reffing all around. This was just another bad outing by CFL officiating. Attendance will continue to go down with this level of garbage

The illegal contact penalty has completely changed the game. As the old saying goes you can call offensive holding on pretty much every play, you can call illegal contact on pretty much every passing play. That being said, the Lions need to figure things out on both sides of the ball. If Austin Collie isn't going to catch half the balls thrown his way he may as well be running into DBs and giving the flag happy refs something to do. At least this latest failure of a July is in the books.

You know what the say. It's all preseason to labor day

Which is a major reason I can't take the CFL seriously. I mean, why bother watching these games or getting worked up about them if they don't mean all that much.

(Well, actually I know why I watch them. It gives me my football fix until the NFL starts.)