The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chicago - Vancouver

Vancouver needs a 3rd line centre in the short term and long term, especially with Kesler's injury. The idea of trading for Bolland had surfaced, but there's another option for Vancouver's 3C role:

To Vancouver - Marcus Kruger

To Chicago - Jannik Hansen

Most Canucks fans may not know Kruger but the Hawks brass is pretty high on him. Chicago has options for the 3rd line, Shaw and Bolland are set but we need another solid winger. Hansen is more consistent then some of our other options (Frolik and Bickell) and Vancouver gets their 3C.

I saw you'd edited your post in the Van/Edm/Chi proposal, but already had it in the quotes to reply. I don't think that'd work for us and here's what I posted as to why in the other thread:

I don't see us going after another small center to develop when we already have Schroeder we could try short term along with our current roster. Our other center prospects (Mallet, Gaunce, LaBate) all have size and skill to fill that role as needed in future so there's not really a need to get someone smaller in a deal.

I find it funny how us Canuck fans cry bloody murder when we see a proposal we don't like but we have no problems always getting the best player from the proposals we make up like getting Evander Kane, Joe Thornton, Jonathan Huberdeau, Keith Yandle etc.

I'm not terribly big on trading Kruger, the kid has a lot of potential. The deal would work out better for Chicago in the short term but Vancouver would win in the long term. For those of you say Kruger is too small, he's litterally the exact same size as Bolland and Bolland has no issues playing the game. Kruger plays with a lot of heart, but he's a natural centre and I can't see him winning the 3C role over Bolland. Hansen is good and I can see why you wouldn't want to part with him. But there is a big void down the middle with your team. If you look at the teams that win the cup they all have depth at centre.

Vancouver needs a 3rd line centre in the short term and long term, especially with Kesler's injury. The idea of trading for Bolland had surfaced, but there's another option for Vancouver's 3C role:

To Vancouver - Marcus Kruger

To Chicago - Jannik Hansen

Most Canucks fans may not know Kruger but the Hawks brass is pretty high on him. Chicago has options for the 3rd line, Shaw and Bolland are set but we need another solid winger. Hansen is more consistent then some of our other options (Frolik and Bickell) and Vancouver gets their 3C.

I had two trade proposals I was going to suggest, Kruger for Hansen was the first one that came to mind so I posted it. The second one was Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra for Toews, Kane, Sharp and Hossa. But I didn't think Canucks fans would think they're getting enough in return so I didn't go with it. :)

Archived