The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Hockey Questions

Rate this topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is not NHL hockey related but more personally related, but does anyone know of a private outdoor ice hockey rink that I could maybe use to just practice by myself that is within an commute (not drive) from the Vancouver area??

Note: Preferably one that gets taken care of every once in a while

This is not NHL hockey related but more personally related, but does anyone know of a private outdoor ice hockey rink that I could maybe use to just practice by myself that is within an commute (not drive) from the Vancouver area??

Note: Preferably one that gets taken care of every once in a while

I heard they have a pond up at Grouse mountain. I'm fairly certain you won't find one within the city limits. It's just not cold enough to do it without refrigeration.

I heard they have a pond up at Grouse mountain. I'm fairly certain you won't find one within the city limits. It's just not cold enough to do it without refrigeration.

Thanks! I knew within the city limits we don't have any ice rinks except robson square but I was hoping somewhere just outside vancouver or something. Thanks for the info tho!

• 2 weeks later...

When we signed Fox were we allowed to call him up?

I believe he is the same as any other junior player. He must stay with his team until the end of their season, except in emergency situations.

A question for the refs out there... last night Luongo made that awesome save batting the puck out of the air with the paddle of his stick.

Lusave_zps497e7ce4.jpg

If memory serves correct, play continued after this save. Although the puck doesn't show in the picture, it looks like it was well above shoulder height. Shouldn't that have been blown down as a high stick?

Hey guys I'm going to my first NHL game in February, sadly it's not a Canucks game I'll be seeing the Blackhawks play the Rangers at the MSG.

I've got a question as anyone been to the MSG if so what's it like? I'm really excited, I believe my tickets are in the 200 level but I'm not quite sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he is the same as any other junior player. He must stay with his team until the end of their season, except in emergency situations.

A question for the refs out there... last night Luongo made that awesome save batting the puck out of the air with the paddle of his stick.

Lusave_zps497e7ce4.jpg

If memory serves correct, play continued after this save. Although the puck doesn't show in the picture, it looks like it was well above shoulder height. Shouldn't that have been blown down as a high stick?

Depends. Did the Canucks gain possession immediately after?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a question I need some help with. Some of us fans in Utica would like some help determining an attendance figure of our building compared to the rest of the league. Because attendance figures can be misleading, we would like to know the following: To what % of capacity has the Aud been filled to this year? I know somewhere there is a person that has come up with a chart or graph to show this actual number.

Here's a question I need some help with. Some of us fans in Utica would like some help determining an attendance figure of our building compared to the rest of the league. Because attendance figures can be misleading, we would like to know the following: To what % of capacity has the Aud been filled to this year? I know somewhere there is a person that has come up with a chart or graph to show this actual number.

How's this...

http://theahl.com/stats/schedule.php?view=attendance

According to the list, Utica has been averaging 3,353. Wikipedia lists the capacity as 4,000 for hockey. Doing the math, you are running at 84% of capacity.