The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Three biggest pops in thr Rumble go to D-Bry, Sandow, and Ziggler. All three eliminated verrrrry quickly. What an absolute joke of a Rumble. At least the triple threat match was money.

When will this company EVER listen to their fans?

Notice how the last 10 guys in the ring save Ziggler were all big men? Coincidence? Unlikely. VMac has a boner for big white guys obviously.

Edited by canuckster19
  • Upvote 1

the fans got with it when ddp came out lol. how show and kane kinda just laid everyone out and gently threw them over the top was pointless. i get the story-telling, but that was 15 years too late for a spot like that, and fans nowadays couldn't care less about kane and big show. and the wyatt elimination made absolutely no sense at all. the boos reigns got is justified--pushing him WAY too early. ambrose is so far ahead of reigns in development

Edited by Discord

Glad I didn't watch that garbage.

I don't know why I keep going back to this garbage... as always, like the beaten spouse I think things will change.

Although as mentioned the championship match was great. I'll even give Cena some credit, he didn't undersell like he usually does.

Edited by canuckster19

I forgot who said it but these crowds really need to stop making the event about themselves.

This company deserves it. This is last year's Royal Rumble all over again! The company doesn't learn and doesn't listen to it's audience. They are so completely out of touch and deserve every boo and chant they get.

I haven't watched the event yet, but from the sounds of it and what I've seen lately, the WWE needs to stop, take a breather and really think about this Roman Reigns thing before they move forward with it. I don't dislike the guy, but he will never be the reason a fan buys a ticket, and certainly nobody is going to subscribe to the WWE Network to get their fill of Roman Reigns. A crowd like Philly can really tell you a lot about whether or not a guy is going to make it. I know sometimes they boo just to be cool/rebellious (they may as well be called hipsters) but there are also times when their reason is legit.

They're forcing him at the fans and it's in too obvious of a way. Adult WWE fans hate that, they always have. The WWE just refuses to let things happen organically though. As soon as they saw a hint of Reigns getting hot they forced it, AGAIN. The worst part about it is that the guy isn't ready. His all-around "sports entertainment" skills are not even close to the level of Rollins or Ambrose. It's frustrating to see Ambrose falling the way of Ziggler. Again, I don't want them to force Ambrose into a top spot but at the same time they don't need to be sending him backward.

I won't go too deep into it but I think a real big opportunity is being missed with Daniel Bryan. He got hurt as a guy generating some of the biggest pops in years. His whole unbelievable run was built on being an underdog, getting back up over and over, and what better way to keep that going than a career-threatening injury comeback? Instead, it's a simple "I'm here to fight", loss to Kane and apparently a short stint tonight.

I am excited to watch the triple threat match, and while I sound like I'm all "negative IWC guy" right now, I'm loving how this Rollins/Lesnar thing is playing out, and Cena in the mix is actually giving it a nice addition. Rollins is proving he's a star, and Lesnar is turning face just by being the complete bad@$$ he is which is. This feud actually comes across as like "this is what's happening and you can cheer or boo whoever you feel like".

Lastly, it's been a while but last time I saw Bubba Ray was when he was on a major heel run in TNA and I remember thinking that it would've been a great time for him to be in WWE because he fit the bill of somebody I would've loved to see as a top guy. I hope they can somehow actually utilize him and give him not just one good "last run", but actually make him a player in their company. From what I saw tonight it doesn't look like it will happen, but it was his first night back so I still have hope.

Hope this wasn't a one off for Bubba Dudley. Was awesome to see him back.

Found this, looks like Bubba Ray is in WWE to stay. Glad to see because I was really hoping it wasn't a one off. Will Devon be next to come home?

- WWE's website also spoke with Bubba Ray Dudley after making his surprise return to WWE in last night's 30-man main event. Ray told the WWE.com reporter that WWE is where he belongs and he's back home. He talked about how this was his first-ever singles Rumble and Philadelphia was the perfect spot for it. Ray said
Edited by Grapefruits