The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Undertaker has concussion.

Prowrestling.net can confirm reports that Undertaker (Mark Calaway) was taken by ambulance to a hospital in New Orleans after his WrestleMania 30 match with Brock Lesnar on Sunday. It is believed that he suffered a concussion during the match.

Edited by J529

generous?! lol i think 4/10 is harsh. I really enjoyed it more than the last few, but I usually do enjoy them all.

He was talking about it being generous for a Smash Kassian rating. Which it was, lol. He's cynical about the WWE, to say the least.

I am too, but this PPV was decent enough that I may just tune in past this next raw. I expected worse.

Brie wasn't allowed to celebrate with Bryan

This could tie into recent report Brie pitched idea that included having a match with Stephanie. Brie stands up for her man.

"I'm sooo proud of my fiancé! Sooo well deserved! Wow! Wish I could of went out to celebrate, but wasn't allowed. Love the #YesMovement"

Absolutely not.

They have handed the torch over to Cena a million times already & its done nothing for him, he's had the biggest run in history, he's beaten all the biggest stars in the biggest matches, and he's still hated & not looked at as a GOAT in the mount rushmore class (for the most part)

I see no reason why he should have gotten, with Lesnar I could understand unhappniess cause he's not a full time guy, but as a character (and remember this is suppost to be simulated fighting) there is no one more legit & credible to give this spot to than Lesnar.

I'm interested to hear why you think Cena though.

I see the breaking of the streak as passing the torch to the next best character in the WWE. Cena might not be a better fighter than Lesnar, but he's still the guy who has and can carry the company for longer than anyone else.

Who else on this roster is a generational character that you entrust to end the streak?

In my opinion Taker vs Cena (streak vs Superman) would have been a better draw than Taker vs Lesnar, for the fact that the former really is unpredictable given how Cena's always triumphed over adversity, and how Cena can benefit from the streak so much more than Lesnar.

Wardrobe malfunction during Divas match.

WWE Diva Cameron had a wardrobe malfunction during the Divas match at WrestleMania 30. Dot Net Member Rich Conner notes that her top completely detached from her body during an exchange with Emma. She held her top over her and rolled out of the ring and never returned.

I see the breaking of the streak as passing the torch to the next best character in the WWE. Cena might not be a better fighter than Lesnar, but he's still the guy who has and can carry the company for longer than anyone else.

Who else on this roster is a generational character that you entrust to end the streak?

In my opinion Taker vs Cena (streak vs Superman) would have been a better draw than Taker vs Lesnar, for the fact that the former really is unpredictable given how Cena's always triumphed over adversity, and how Cena can benefit from the streak so much more than Lesnar.

The thing is, beating Taker is a real heel thing to do, regardless of how they pose the promos beforehand. The person that beats Taker will be hated for doing so, and will receive the appropriate reaction, if you have the right person in that spot.

The whole Hustle, Loyalty, overcoming adversity gimmick wouldn't apply to something deemed sacred like the streak.

It doesn't need to be said that Cena is hated by most of the hardcore fans out there that attend events and whatnot. But the intensity of the hostilities surrounding him have died down in the last while. All having him win would do is have him jeered out of the stadium on a level not seen in a while. You can't have that if he's doing the same old thing moving forward. I said before that the guy doesn't need more XPac Heat, and that's because he doesn't need more hate for simply being John Cena, which he would be getting after such a win.

I mean if they used this and it forced Cena to change his character, that would be a great thing, and a win for the people that are tired of him for the reasons that they are.

But it would be counter-productive to have him beat Taker if you want to try even harder to put him over as a face. A true, true, bluechip heel prospect would've been the best option, but they don't have a proper one. If they want to legitimately push Lesnar into the title seen, then this would be the next best option.

That is of course assuming this loss was planned, lol. I obviously still think it is, but if there's truth to Taker being taken out in an ambulance, it raises a question or two.

Edited by g_bassi13

Damn. Makes the question about whether or not that ending was planned all the more real.

It was. Had it not been, the graphic wouldn't have Takers new record with 1 loss and the reaction from Lesnar and everyone in the ring including the ref would been noticeable.

As much as I wish it didn't end this way, it did.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Ya, I'm really jaded towards this product. I think everyone knows that.

I'm going to tune in tommorrow, really interested to see what happens with Lesnar, but I mean damn man I feel like this could have been SOOO much better.

that's your problem though-- you expect way too much. it's almost like you force yourself not to be entertained

Actually hold on, throw my 3/10 or 4/10 rating out the window. I'm taking it back, it was better than that I'm just not looking at it as a whole.

For me:

Positivies:

- Opening segment was awesome, best part of the show. 10/10 segment, no complaints.

- Bryan/HHH match was solid/good, nothing great, Bryan going over clean was awesome, props to HHH for that.

- Brock winning was awesome

- Bray Wyatt had an outstanding performance.

- Cesaro winning the Battle Royal was good.

- Mad props & respect to Taker for putting Lesnar over like that.

- Some of the backstage stuff was cool.

- Final match was good for me, really enjoyed it, the right guy should have won (even though personally I'm not the biggest fan).

Negativies:

- Brock's moment didn't feel as big as it should have been, cause of the crap build & a boring match.

- Cena beating Wyatt, no reason for it. The ending where Cena stopped selling to hit the AA and won like he had taken no damage whatsoever ruined it, aswell as some other things like Cena's awkward yelling.

- The battle royal sucked until the last few guys, then the ending was good, still doesn't save the match for me though.

- Divas match was a Divas match, enough said.

- The Shield were wasted on this card. Should have been doing something better.

There was only 1 good/great match on the show though really (mainevent), But there was good stuff, and bad stuff, so I'm going to go with a 6/10.

I think thats fair. I still think the WWE can do better, but looking at this one show they did a better job than I thought they would with this one.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

It was. Had it not been, the graphic wouldn't have Takers new record with 1 loss and the reaction from Lesnar and everyone in the ring including the ref would been noticeable.

As much as I wish it didn't end this way, it did.

They would always have a backup plan regardless of whatever the result was supposed to be, with regards to the graphic. And the reaction from Lesnar almost seemed unnatural, if that makes any sense.

That said, I still think it was a planned win, as you have to reasonably assume.

Cena doesn't carry the company. Cena isn't everything the propaganda machine says he is, if he was why would they spin the fans rejecting him as "he gets a reaction".

The Cena thing is overplayed & is just done, there is nothing more you can do for him. No sense wasting something like that on him.

I think when you look at the roster, Lesnar, Reigns, and maybe Wyatt are the candidates (now that Punk is gone), Wyatt & Reigns are too young at this point, too inexperienced IMO, haven't been built up enough yet to be there. Which leaves Lesnar. I don't say Bryan because I think it has to be believable too and I don't think Bryan beating Taker is believable with the amount of damage we have seen him take in some of these matches.

that's your problem though-- you expect way too much. it's almost like you force yourself not to be entertained

I've adjusted my rating. Was better than I gave credit for.

I've adjusted my rating. Was better than I gave credit for.

i'll give you the cena thing, but the bit where he just no sold everything and ended with the AA just screamed "you're running long, boys, wrap it up" that match could have been a pretty good 10-15 minutes with all things considered, but stretching to 20+ was a bit much, but in a way, that helped the taker/lesnar match since taker really couldn't go any longer, and the divas match would have been 5 minutes a best

the bit with the delay on lesnar winning was to let the crowd soak in the disbelief that really happened. i don't think that was a botch

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

They would always have a backup plan regardless of whatever the result was supposed to be, with regards to the graphic. And the reaction from Lesnar almost seemed unnatural, if that makes any sense.

That said, I still think it was a planned win, as you have to reasonably assume.

Well, it wouldn't be hard to make that graphic on the fly, it seemed to take a while to be put up on the screen. Everyone seemed shocked that Lesnar won, especially Heyman.

I'm wondering if the change was made mid match. I really want to watch it again because it looked like the ref wanted to waive off his count, kinda like he thought Taker was supposed to kick out.

I'm interested to see when Taker got the concussion, because he just seemed broken after a certain point like there was nothing left in him.

the bit with the delay on lesnar winning was to let the crowd soak in the disbelief that really happened. i don't think that was a botch

maybe so, but they could have still done that with his music being played, in the background.