The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

This has got to be the most lackluster build up for a Wrestlemania in a long time. Heading into WM 13 the card was cringe worthy. I remember being all "meh" about Austin/Hart as they had just had a big match at Survivor Series a few months before. That match ended up being the only thing good on that show. Taker/Sid was even crap.

The only match I'm looking forward too is the ladder match. The way they are not giving a s**t about booking this heading in, I wouldn't be surprised if Hornswoggle beats Rollins in a pre-show MiTB briefcase match, inserts himself into the main event making it a triple threat, and pins both Roman and Brock at the same time & clean to win the title.

But even that scenario would require someone in creative waking up from the coma they've all been in since the new year.

They call that a go home episode? Lol. I suppose it does help underpin the general themes that will permeates Wrestlemania this year, in that it will hasty, nonsensical, and uninspired.

Seriously, after all that half assed set up, it's not a surprise that this is all they could offer for their main event's defining moment:

http://i.imgur.com/RWjBPXu.gifv (Sorry, I have no idea how to embed video gifs)

You can taste the awkwardness, it's so thick in the air.

Axlemania save us all.

Edited by g_bassi13

They call that a go home episode? Lol. I suppose it does help underpin the general themes that will permeates Wrestlemania this year, in that it will hasty, nonsensical, and uninspired.

Seriously, after all that half assed set up, it's not a surprise that this is all they could offer for their main events's defining moment:

http://i.imgur.com/RWjBPXu.gif (Sorry, I have no idea how to embed video gifs)

You can taste the awkwardness, it's so thick in the air.

Axlemania save us all.

RWjBPXu.gif

With Lesnar resigning, if Reigns walks out of WM the champ I'll puke. I'd still be disappointed if he beats Lesnar and then drops the title to Rollins a few minutes later. If Rollins walks out of WM with the belt it needs to be over Lesnar.

God I hate this company right now.

Lesnar could be turning babyface

As noted, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar appeared on ESPN yesterday and announced that he has signed a multi-year deal with WWE after Vince McMahon made him an offer he couldn't refuse at RAW in Los Angeles. Lesnar mentioned how he has been training for MMA but something was missing mentally for him, which was one of the factors that led to him going with WWE. Lesnar reportedly has been doing two months of MMA training that was described as very serious. Lesnar had been training up until just a few days ago preparing for a return to the Octagon. It was also noted by Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter today that friends close to Lesnar and his wife Sable did not want him to return to professional fighting.

Brock staying with WWE for a few more years obviously opens the door for several high-profile feuds and the expected big babyface turn. Some are expecting Sunday's WrestleMania 31 event to see Lesnar as a super babyface against Reigns as a super heel, due in part to the crowd. A Lesnar babyface turn has reportedly been decided on within WWE since the first of the year.