The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 3.0

I don't think so;

Neither Biggs nor Ashton is a true Blue Chip prospect in the vein of Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gardiner, Reilly nor even a top ten pick ala one of your suggestions (Paajarvi). Without a blue chipper or first round pick two next tier picks is fair?

Franson was only acquired for a 2knd round pick. He is fill.

Neither Bigg's nor Ashton is in their teams top 3 prospects (Reilly, Colburne and Kadri) or top young players (Gardiner, JVR). Add a serviceable defender who does not want to be on their team... And all bodies that have a fit on our team. It's both a good and realistic proposal. If anyone turns it down its Gillis holding out for more...

Yeah, and there's only one roadblock to that dream: the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Well, who says that a playmaker has to be small? :)

On the whole, I'm not that concerned. I do recognize the potential for there to be a lack of playmaking on the top-6. Looking at Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen, Kesler and Burrows, there is some possibilities there for a guy to be a playmaker.

Kesler did quite well a few seasons back prior to his current shoot first philosophy, which led to the entire 2nd line being 25 goal scorers (30 for Samuelsson). If he chose to re-visit that style then he could supply all the playmaking needed on his line.

Gaunce hasn't looked too bad in his time in junior, has he? Looking at his stats, I see a fair amount of points but nothing to suggest that he is first and foremost a shooter.

I see Jensen being a bit more balanced as a point producer rather than being more of a natural finisher. Meh, I guess we'll see once he gets some more time in.

Kassian looks like he can finish, but his play suggests he will also do the hard work in the corners to dig out the puck and move it towards a team mate.

I believe Burrows is more than capable of being a playmaker.

Kadri has improved since the AHL season started, however, you gotta' admit that him coming to camp in not great shape, especially after spending time with Roberts, is something which has to raise a red flag about his attitude.

I'm also not sure that Burke wants to part with Kadri. This being said, the Leafs are a team which is badly in need of a top-6 center. If they have one in Kadri, why would they be willing to trade him away without a reasonable replacement waiting in the wings? If Colborne is just big, and otherwise has no real use, wouldn't he be the guy that Gillis wants to shift?

regards,

G.

I don't think so;

Neither Biggs nor Ashton is a true Blue Chip prospect in the vein of Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gardiner, Reilly nor even a top ten pick ala one of your suggestions (Paajarvi). Without a blue chipper or first round pick two next tier picks is fair?

Franson was only acquired for a 2knd round pick. He is fill.

Neither Bigg's nor Ashton is in their teams top 3 prospects (Reilly, Colburne and Kadri) or top young players (Gardiner, JVR). Add a serviceable defender who does not want to be on their team... And all bodies that have a fit on our team. It's both a good and realistic proposal. If anyone turns it down its Gillis holding out for more...

Archived