The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Bieber fans vandalize Rick Rypien memorial

Alchemy Time

Wow this thread is a frightening look into mob mentality at it's finest. First off, there's nothing official about the "memorial". It's just a piece of concrete where people have chosen to share there thoughts/love for Rypper. Most of what's been written is faded and it doesn't look like it receives any maintenance. So some silly young girl comes by all giddy to be seeing Beiber (Lord knows why). Takes out a pen and writes his name, the date and a heart and signs her name. Think she would have signed her name if she knew this was a memorial? So what's her big crime? That she's silly, doesn't pay attention and has poor taste in music? Hardly crimes a civilized society punishes people for.

Now on to the internet tough guys. Many of whom have been posting in this thread, who want to throw poop at her, punch her in the face and wish death upon her or hope she kills herself. What the **** is wrong with you people? I noticed you guys didn't have the stones to sign your real names to back up your ignorance/hatred.

To the morons on Twitter. Who are dumb enough to post their hate along with their name and a picture of themselves. You're dumber than the Beiber fan who wrote on the makeshift memorial. Hopefully you'll be dealt with for your hate crimes/death threats.

Would you tell her to go kill herself in person? If not, then don't then don't on a message board or other social media. If you need to threaten people you don't know anonymously on the internet then you're the one with issues. Your words are not harmless.

There was no malice on the girl's part. The venom she's been met with is sad. She made an honest error. Grow up people.

R.I.P. Rick.

Wow this thread is a frightening look into mob mentality at it's finest. First off, there's nothing official about the "memorial". It's just a piece of concrete where people have chosen to share there thoughts/love for Rypper. Most of what's been written is faded and it doesn't look like it receives any maintenance. So some silly young girl comes by all giddy to be seeing Beiber (Lord knows why). Takes out a pen and writes his name, the date and a heart and signs her name. Think she would have signed her name if she knew this was a memorial? So what's her big crime? That she's silly, doesn't pay attention and has poor taste in music? Hardly crimes a civilized society punishes people for.

Now on to the internet tough guys. Many of whom have been posting in this thread, who want to throw poop at her, punch her in the face and wish death upon her or hope she kills herself. What the **** is wrong with you people? I noticed you guys didn't have the stones to sign your real names to back up your ignorance/hatred.

To the morons on Twitter. Who are dumb enough to post their hate along with their name and a picture of themselves. You're dumber than the Beiber fan who wrote on the makeshift memorial. Hopefully you'll be dealt with for your hate crimes/death threats.

Would you tell her to go kill herself in person? If not, then don't then don't on a message board or other social media. If you need to threaten people you don't know anonymously on the internet then you're the one with issues. Your words are not harmless.

There was no malice on the girl's part. The venom she's been met with is sad. She made an honest error. Grow up people.

R.I.P. Rick.

Source?

And for the people saying how they don't get how it's disrespectful? Like really? It's a public memorial. Yeah it's not official, yeah all of the Rypien messages are themselves Graffiti but seriously? You don't get the concept of sentimental value? Like if someone went and defaced the wall that everyone wrote on apologizing after the riots, would you be ok with that?

It has now been posted by 99.3 and The Province on facebook. WOW, are some of the comments just brutal. The tweets I saw on The Province article are just disgusting! Wishing her to hang herself so this kid could deface her grave, looking at his twitter page though, you can see he is a real loser. But likely one who would punch her in the face if he saw her, or worse.

Once again "Canuck fans" have taken this to a whole new level. Congratulations! :picard:

Im sure the girl didn't realize what or where she was writing. After hearing news of a girl taking her life today becuase of being bullied, don't think people need to rant on this girl or threaten her over the internet. Life is too short to get angry over small things.

I can't believe people are still mad at her about this, there were alot of other Justin Bieber writings on there from others, she was just the only one who was "foolish" enough to write her name.

and to be perfectly honest, as much as I miss and love RYP. there really isn't anything left of the memorial anymore, if it still looked like it did in 2011 then I can understand this a little more but it is going too far overboard.

Archived