The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead Thread

PlayStation

In all honesty, it would make the show more believable if some of the main characters from season 1 were to die. Really, they are no better or worse then any of the other survivors. Would at least create a sense of loss if characters like Daryl, Glen, sing-song girl, hop along, Rick, Carol, etc were to kick the bucket. Yes their characters are interesting, but it's not exactly difficult to introduce new people into The Walking Dead universe.

In all honesty, it would make the show more believable if some of the main characters from season 1 were to die. Really, they are no better or worse then any of the other survivors. Would at least create a sense of loss if characters like Daryl, Glen, sing-song girl, hop along, Rick, Carol, etc were to kick the bucket. Yes their characters are interesting, but it's not exactly difficult to introduce new people into The Walking Dead universe.

Oh, for sure it would make the show more interesting if a fan favourite were to die - then truly no one is safe.

I would understand why they'd kill them, but I still wouldn't like it. :lol:

main characters from season 1:

Rick Grimes

Shane Walsh -Dead

Lori Grimes -Dead

Andrea -Dead

Dale Horvath -Dead

Glenn Rhee

Carl Grimes

that's 4/7

as for recognizable supporting cast:

Amy - Dead

Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas - Dead

Jacqui - Dead

Carol Peletier

Sophia Peletier - Dead

Daryl Dixon

Jim - Dead

Morales - Dead

Eliza Morales - Dead

Ed Peletier - Dead

Merle Dixon - Dead

That's another 9/11

so, 13/18 recognizable/recurring characters, gone. 14/20 if you count Morgan, and his son, Duane

main characters from season 1:

Rick Grimes

Shane Walsh -Dead

Lori Grimes -Dead

Andrea -Dead

Dale Horvath -Dead

Glenn Rhee

Carl Grimes

that's 4/7

as for recognizable supporting cast:

Amy - Dead

Theodore "T-Dog" Douglas - Dead

Jacqui - Dead

Carol Peletier

Sophia Peletier - Dead

Daryl Dixon

Jim - Dead

Morales - Dead

Eliza Morales - Dead

Ed Peletier - Dead

Merle Dixon - Dead

That's another 9/11

so, 13/18 recognizable/recurring characters, gone. 14/20 if you count Morgan, and his son, Duane

Sorry, I meant to say, "Characters people actually cared about." Of all the ones you mentioned, the only one that really registered for both the fanbase and around the show as well was Shane. When the other characters died, either the group wasn't affected a whole lot (ie: T-Dawg) or the fanbase didn't care (T-Dawg, Lori, Andrea). I'm talking MAJOR characters where people would be affected (ie: Rick, Glenn, Daryl). It would change the group dynamic in a huge way.

Sorry, I meant to say, "Characters people actually cared about." Of all the ones you mentioned, the only one that really registered for both the fanbase and around the show as well was Shane. When the other characters died, either the group wasn't affected a whole lot (ie: T-Dawg) or the fanbase didn't care (T-Dawg, Lori, Andrea). I'm talking MAJOR characters where people would be affected (ie: Rick, Glenn, Daryl). It would change the group dynamic in a huge way.

WHAT? You don't care about my buddy, Merle? Oh, that's so sad! :sadno:

Archived