The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

27 Dead in Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Jägermeister

Sickening.

All it would take to prevent this kind of thing happening again in the U.S. is to institute a police state.

And once again I find it strange that these kind of events happen so often now when civilian gun ownership is being targeted and not back when guns were a lot more readily obtainable, at least legally.

Disgusting.

America needs to implement strict gun control laws. I don't understand why so many of their citizens feel the need to own a firearm, and then defend their sale and use, even after an event like this. Stupid beyond belief...

And how can you do something like that to anyone, never mind young children, who don't have a hope in hell of defending themselves? :sadno:

Hits home a lot harder now that I have a baby boy. I'm sure anyone else with kids will say the same. My wife's bawling her eyes out right now, pretty disturbing crap.

Blame gun control, mental health awareness, etc... doesn't matter. It's a sad and cruel reality that there are pointless human beings on this planet. I'm not gonna argue, just feel for the parents/family of the victims.

The NRA will NOT want to talk about this .. they never do when guns are used in such a horrific manner .. they spew their credo that guns don't kill people, that people do .. WRONG .. bullets kill people .. 2nd Amendment guarantee's the right to bear arms but it does not guarantee the right to limitless clips and the bullets within .. what a sad, sad day ..

Too many of these incidents involving kids seem to happen around Christmas .. I wonder why? .. because tho it is the season to be jolly, it is also a very depressing time for many people ..

18 children and 8 adults dead .. one shooter dead, apparently ..

The latest:

At least 27 people, including 18 children, were killed on Friday when at least one shooter opened fire at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut, CBS News reported, citing unnamed officials.

The shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist at Sandy Hook Elementary School were among the dead, CNN said.

A law enforcement official says the attacker is a 20-year-old man with ties to the Connecticut school.

The official said that a gun used in the attacks is a .223-calibre rifle. The official also said that New Jersey state police are searching a location in that state in connection with the shooting.

The official in Washington spoke on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to speak on the record about the developing criminal investigation.

There were unconfirmed reports of a second shooter after witnesses reported hearing dozens of shots fired.

An entire classroom of students is unaccounted for following the shooting, a local newspaper reported. The Hartford Courant, citing unnamed sources, said that many of the shootings took place in a kindergarten classroom at the Sandy Hook.

Sandy Hook teaches children from kindergarten through fourth grade — roughly ages 5 to 10.

“It was horrendous,” said parent Brenda Lebinski, who rushed to the school where her daughter is in the third grade. “Everyone was in hysterics — parents, students. There were kids coming out of the school bloodied. I don't know if they were shot, but they were bloodied.”

Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Parents were seen reuniting with their children and taking them home.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1302311--school-shooting-reported-in-connecticut-lockdown-in-place

Yes. Parents, video games, society, Christmas gloom... Everything but the free availability of guns will be blamed here again.

18 kids aged 5-10 dead. That won't be enough for 'Merica to look at gun control. Instead they'll boost security for elem. schools for the time being.

'Land of the free.' Sortof. You can acquire guns relatively freely, but will have a hard time getting in and out of school.

Tuned in to this on the news this morning and just feel sick. :( The kind of sick that makes you question things. Like the innocence and joy of children and the monsters that lurk in every facet of our society.

I understand the existence of mental illness, but I will never, EVER understand (and don't want to) the depravity and evil that some have inside them that prompts them to walk into a school full of children and open fire at will. Just bloody off yourself already if you have no desire to live in this world but to end the lives of innocent children and destroy the lives of countless family members who have had absolutely no relation to you and your sickness defies any sort of understanding or compassion.

My compassion and prayers go out to the families of the victims of this tragedy, the adults who were there because they love children.......and the families of the children who won't be coming home today, or ever....., the survivors of this dreadful morning whose lives have been altered forever, the first responders who must enter the carnage and find the wee bodies of those who left for school this morning excited for the day, for Santa coming.....the celebrations going on in schools all over world this week.........

Yeah, Merry ****ing Christmas, y'all.

Re: The second "shooter", I've seen this or something similar on two news sites now:

"Police are also questioning another man in connection with the shooting. Witnesses told the Connecticut Post that a handcuffed man, dressed in camouflage, was led out of a nearby woods by officers. "

Tuned in to this on the news this morning and just feel sick. :( The kind of sick that makes you question things. Like the innocence and joy of children and the monsters that lurk in every facet of our society.

I understand the existence of mental illness, but I will never, EVER understand (and don't want to) the depravity and evil that some have inside them that prompts them to walk into a school full of children and open fire at will. Just bloody off yourself already if you have no desire to live in this world but to end the lives of innocent children and destroy the lives of countless family members who have had absolutely no relation to you and your sickness defies any sort of understanding or compassion.

My compassion and prayers go out to the families of these children, the survivors of this dreadful morning, the first responders who must enter the carnage and find the wee bodies of those who left for school this morning excited for the day, for Santa coming.....the celebrations going on in schools all over world this week.........

Yeah, Merry ****ing Christmas, y'all.

Archived