The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

The Life of Pi. 7.5/10

I was on a flight from India and it came on the main tv system and I thought I was gunna be stuck watching a Bollywood film as there was no individual IFE on the plane. I decided to put on my headphones trying to find music and discovered that they were showing a decent film after all. The screens were tiny and far away and the sound was bad but I still enjoyed it. I'll deffo watch it again on a proper tv with good sound and may rate it even higher as it's supposed to be visually stunning.

The Life of Pi.  7.5/10

I was on a flight from India and it came on the main tv system and I thought I was gunna be stuck watching a Bollywood film as there was no individual IFE on the plane. I decided to put on my headphones trying to find music and discovered that they were showing a decent film after all. The screens were tiny and far away and the sound was bad but I still enjoyed it. I'll deffo watch it again on a proper tv with good sound and may rate it even higher as it's supposed to be visually stunning.

Had I watched Life of Pi for the first time on a plane, or even on a sub-par tv, I'd probably rate it the same as you. It is an interesting story and told very well; but the visuals absolutely made it that much better. When my grandparents (passed away years ago) had talked about how going to the movies in the 1940s was such a magical experience, it was something I never really experienced that often. Life of Pi was the first film in a long time where it just felt magical when I saw it in theatres.

Wreck-It Ralph, 8.5/10

Pretty good story about being happy with the role that we're given, really liked the creative puns and the design of the whole movie; just thought that the story was very similar to over stories made by Disney, not that it's not good but it fits the genre maybe too well.

Wreck-It Ralph, 8.5/10

Pretty good story about being happy with the role that we're given, really liked the creative puns and the design of the whole movie; just thought that the story was very similar to over stories made by Disney, not that it's not good but it fits the genre maybe too well.

hahaha

I switched it off halfway thru.

End Of Watch

9/10

Hate them or love them. You have to respect police for how dangerous their jobs are, putting their lives on the life to make our communities better. Sad ending.

Best cop movie out there.

I wouldn't say the best cop movie out there but it would certainly be top 5.

I watched They Live last night for the third time after seeing it mentioned in the cheesy movie thread. Rowdy Roddy Piper was absolutely perfect for that role...the plot was a bit lacking and it wasn't the greatest of casts otherwise...but the line "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum" being delivered by the Hot Rod is well worth watching the movie. Being generous today...6/10.

• Upvote 1

I watched They Live last night for the third time after seeing it mentioned in the cheesy movie thread. Rowdy Roddy Piper was absolutely perfect for that role...the plot was a bit lacking and it wasn't the greatest of casts otherwise...but the line "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and I'm all out of bubble gum" being delivered by the Hot Rod is well worth watching the movie. Being generous today...6/10.

Yeah the special effects and all are laughable but the movie's meaning is eerily similar to today's society don't ya think? ;)

Celeste and Jesse Forever - 6.5/10

Written and starring Rashida Jones, the film follows Celeste (Jones) and Jesse (Andy Samberg), a recently separated married couple who still remain best friends. Jones and Samberg have remarkable chemistry. The script is very well done and the performances are very good from top to bottom (Elijah Wood, Eric Christian Olsen, Ari Graynor, Chris Messina, Emma Roberts). It's a bummer of a film though, with not the happiest of endings. Worth watching though.