The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

5 minutes ago, The Bookie said:

Mr Robot, yeah, just OK - started out really promising but by the end of S.1 it felt like they were trying to do too much and open up too many plotlines. Undecided if I'm gonna keep going with S.2

Had I not watched Mr. Robot in one sitting after it had aired, I wouldn't have finished it. Since I binged watched the entire first season, I'm already decided that I won't be wasting my time with season 2.

Not that the acting is bad. In fact, I found Rami Malek to be an incredibly interesting choice for a leading man. Much like Michael Shannon. Not so much in talent. I mean, it's Michael Shannon. But more so in the "This guy looks like he shouldn't be acting, but instead working in Gyro Food Truck".

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Really?  Too bad dude, this was a great movie.  Had a Coen brothers-esque humour to it.  I need to watch Green Room soon.

large_o_menino_e_o_mundo_ver2.jpg

Watched this animated movie recently.  Cute film, and great animation if you're into that sorta thing

Thanks, looks good :)

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Monty said:

Had I not watched Mr. Robot in one sitting after it had aired, I wouldn't have finished it. Since I binged watched the entire first season, I'm already decided that I won't be wasting my time with season 2.

Not that the acting is bad. In fact, I found Rami Malek to be an incredibly interesting choice for a leading man. Much like Michael Shannon. Not so much in talent. I mean, it's Michael Shannon. But more so in the "This guy looks like he shouldn't be acting, but instead working in Gyro Food Truck".

Felt the same - just replace "season" with "episode".

Zootopia: 8.5/10

Didn't want to watch it. At all. Finally dragged down by the family. Ended up really enjoying it. Good family movie that would also be a good one to watch if your loved one is a fan of those Pixar/John Lasseter type of movies.

Finding Dory: 5/10

Always hard to make a sequel that is 10+ years from the original. Did a decent job introducing new characters, but the story line felt recycled and gave me personally a "been there, done that" vibe. Gets a meh from me, even with nostalgia factored in.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Zootopia: 8.5/10

Didn't want to watch it. At all. Finally dragged down by the family. Ended up really enjoying it. Good family movie that would also be a good one to watch if your loved one is a fan of those Pixar/John Lasseter type of movies.

Watched that with the kids a few ago. I'd give it 6.5, maybe 7 personally.

Entertaining enough, good moral, pretty etc but lacked the emotional pull off the better examples of the genre. 

Looper - 10/10

Been a few years since I last watched it. Even better than I remembered. 

And I've heard of this happening, but with a kid on the way, I'm really starting to watch movies differently now. At the end of it, my wife was balling when Emily Blunt's character was quietly calming her raging son down. And I've got to say, all I could think about was how scared that kid must have been.

What's happening to me?!?

12 hours ago, Monty said:

Looper - 10/10

Been a few years since I last watched it. Even better than I remembered. 

And I've heard of this happening, but with a kid on the way, I'm really starting to watch movies differently now. At the end of it, my wife was balling when Emily Blunt's character was quietly calming her raging son down. And I've got to say, all I could think about was how scared that kid must have been.

What's happening to me?!?

Parenthood yo. That $@#% will wreck you.

FWIW, after having kids, my wife now cries in almost EVERY movie :lol: You should have seen her in the Kung Fu Panda 2 - Po's Childhood scene when we watched it with our kids...

SOMM: Into the Bottle       9/10

@Monty I don't know if you've watched this one yet, but I found it to be as good, if not better, than A Year in Burgundy. Just to be clear, I'm not a sommelier, let alone a master sommelier, but I do know a bit about wine. Some of the people in this movie are drinking wine that I'll likely never be able to be in the same room as, let alone taste. It's both fascinating, and infuriating. 

Follows the journey of the grapes from the vineyard to the restaurant/consumer and showcases examples of people responsible for each step of the way. Definitely going to be re-watched with another bottle soon.

11 minutes ago, Green Building said:

SOMM: Into the Bottle       9/10

@Monty I don't know if you've watched this one yet, but I found it to be as good, if not better, than A Year in Burgundy. Just to be clear, I'm not a sommelier, let alone a master sommelier, but I do know a bit about wine. Some of the people in this movie are drinking wine that I'll likely never be able to be in the same room as, let alone taste. It's both fascinating, and infuriating. 

Follows the journey of the grapes from the vineyard to the restaurant/consumer and showcases examples of people responsible for each step of the way. Definitely going to be re-watched with another bottle soon.

I did watch it. Into the Bottle is so, so good. Better than A Year in Burgundy and light years better than its predecessor, Somm.

10 hours ago, J.R. said:

Parenthood yo. That $@#% will wreck you.

FWIW, after having kids, my wife now cries in almost EVERY movie :lol: You should have seen her in the Kung Fu Panda 2 - Po's Childhood scene when we watched it with our kids...

Holy hormones batman 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

It is pretty rare that I'll actually like the premiere of any series, but the first episode of 'The Night Of' definitely knocked it out of the park.

i'm nervous that the premier was so good that it has set impossible standards for this week and going forward

12 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

i'm nervous that the premier was so good that it has set impossible standards for this week and going forward

The level of tension I felt was really something. For some of my favorite shows like the Last Man on Earth, the Sopranos, and Newsroom, I thought the premiere episodes were relatively poor. Its kind of hard to introduce characters and plot all at once, so I try to never judge a show based on its premiere. 

It could certainly seem challenging to maintain that level of tension for 5-7 more episodes. Good thing it is a min-series. Will be interesting to see the direction it goes in.

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

The level of tension I felt was really something. For some of my favorite shows like the Last Man on Earth, the Sopranos, and Newsroom...

Was saying to my wife last night that I don't get attached to shows at all anymore. Even if I like a show (ie. Bob's Burgers, Game of Thrones, etc), if I woke up tomorrow to find that it was cancelled, I wouldn't care at all. 

However, I would be heartbroken if Last Man on Earth ever got cancelled. So much heart and promise with this show. Just when I think I can predict what will happen next, they immediately switch up the story. It's so good.

Edited by Monty

27 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

So? Was Enron deemed a trustworthy company after all this time, or something?

I think what he's getting at is that it lacked imagination/creativity from the shows creators.