The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Also, why is it impossible for Hollywood writers to have a teenager not act like a moody prick?

As one of the worst characters, from one of the worst movies would say:

IMG_1455.PNG

• Upvote 1

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - 7.5/10

Rey spends half the movie training with Luke while the rebels plot another attack against the Empire (or other way around, doesn't matter). Half way through the movie Rey realizes her friends need her help so she leaves training early. Luke begs her to stay but she wouldn't listen. In the end Rey gets her ass kicked but nerdy Sith disciple but Luke shows up last minute to save her. Luke gets killed by the Sith Lord in the process but Rey gets away.

star_wars_the_last_jedi_poster_1688.0.jp

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

Red Eye - 6.5/10
RedEye-Movie-Fact.jpg

Loved Red Eye. Forgotten/underrated thriller.

------------------------

Logan - Am I missing something?/10

Really didn't enjoy it. I didn't hate it by any means, but I was indifferent towards it. Seemed like they were so happy that they could swear and show gore for the first time, that they actually relied on it to make the film edgy.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Loved Red Eye. Forgotten/underrated thriller.

------------------------

Yeah it's a very interesting concept. Imagine yourself to be seated in that situation on a plane.

And I KNEW she was going for the field hockey stick. I KNEW IT!

Volcano (1997) - Pretty bad/10

It had been 20 years since I last saw this "masterpiece". 20 year anniversary seemed like as good as time to give it another watch.

Wow. So apparently only 50 people live in Los Angeles, because that's about as many people as you see.

The dog saving his bone from the lava was the best part.

Unfriended - 2 / 10

Oh man, talk about being too old for a movie.  The whole thing is just a Skype webcam between 5 or so friends who all get attacked by the ghost of a former friend that killed herself.  Horror movies are suppose to be somewhat realistic for them to be effective and this one just flat out isn't. 

Pvr'd two movies off of movie central this week to watch:  Wardogs and Kill your Friends,  hope they're better.

On April 19, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Tre Mac said:

Unfriended - 2 / 10

Oh man, talk about being too old for a movie.  The whole thing is just a Skype webcam between 5 or so friends who all get attacked by the ghost of a former friend that killed herself.  Horror movies are suppose to be somewhat realistic for them to be effective and this one just flat out isn't. 

Pvr'd two movies off of movie central this week to watch:  Wardogs and Kill your Friends,  hope they're better.

Try Friend Request instead: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3352390/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

friend-request-trailer-screencap.jpg

Similar crap, but at least the lead looks good.

8f0d5d55b7356dcd34cf6bd1c1025762.png

Edited by Hugor Hill

On April 15, 2017 at 11:44 PM, Down by the River said:

Don't Breathe: Don't buy the hype/10

Didn't really find the movie as intense as it has been described.

Hide contents

The whole 'oh, he's got a girl chained in his basement' started as an interesting twist, but then it had zero to do with furthering the plot. She just kind of existed, got shot, and things moved on.

I don't remember all the details but I thought it was pretty good. The thing you talked about in your hidden comment is designed to give the audience a hint of what is to come if the lead character gets caught...

Spoiler

...which she does, for a bit...

The film loses momentum as it progresses towards the end though.... if I remember correctly.

Sherlock Holmes (2009) - Yawn/10

It's boring. Everything is rather predictable. The fake magic stuff is okay, everything looks nice, but really I'm not sure why people give it such a high score on IMDB. I don't know why they decided to tell us Irene had an alternative agenda from the get go.

And since when did Sherlock Holmes become Jackie Chan?

sherlock-holmes-sherlock-holmes-2009-fil

• Upvote 1

On 2017-04-15 at 6:54 AM, Hugor Hill said:

Star Wars - The Last Jedi - 7.5/10

Rey spends half the movie training with Luke while the rebels plot another attack against the Empire (or other way around, doesn't matter). Half way through the movie Rey realizes her friends need her help so she leaves training early. Luke begs her to stay but she wouldn't listen. In the end Rey gets her ass kicked but nerdy Sith disciple but Luke shows up last minute to save her. Luke gets killed by the Sith Lord in the process but Rey gets away.

star_wars_the_last_jedi_poster_1688.0.jp

Looks like the poster to Tron. Disney coincidence? I think not. 

On 2017-04-20 at 8:30 PM, D-Money said:

/\

Yeah, the Sherlock Holmes movie was pretty bad. Sequel was better, but only marginally.

And they look even worse when compared against BBC's Sherlock series.

The Sherlock series is amazing. I hate the actor that plays Moriority though. 

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Going to watch Basket Case 3 tomorrow. Have never watched the first two, or this one, but this happens:

saw the first one a couple years ago. complete mess of a movie. you'll probably enjoy it

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA2.jpg