The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Yes Monty, it is when you're an actor, especially one that relies on his appearance fitting nicely under the caricature of awkward teen. Pretty sure he wouldn't have gotten 99% of his roles were it not for that

See:

John C. Reilly

Jonah Hill

Paul Giamatti

Philip Seymour Hoffman

Steve Buscemi

Ron Perlman

Brendan Gleeson

Jack Black

Jim Broadbant

William H Macy

Cera reminds me of a less involved (i.e. no writing/directing) version of Woody Allen -- another actor who spent decades "playing the same role" (and therefore not worthy of CDC praise)

Although I do have some doubts about whether or not Cera's self-awareness is actually genuine or not, I have no problem with it as a shtick.

This idea that Cera is a bad or annoying actor because he plays the same role seems pretty shallow to me, because, well, most actors are guilty of that. Not liking him for playing the same character is one thing, but not liking him for playing one character that YOU can't identify with is entirely different.

Good comparison - and I love Woody Allen.

Most actors are chosen BECAUSE people immediately associate them with certain styles and personality traits. By putting Cera in a role similar to what he has done in the past (and excelled in), it expedites the time to familiarize you with the character, and allows the story to get moving right away. Woody Allen always being the same allowed his movies (and jokes) to take off right away, and gave his viewers a consistent rallying point.

Cera may have no range. But the fact he has had SO much success in his career with his one style only proves that he is damn good at what he does.

• Upvote 1

Fast and Furious 6 - 7.6/10

solid action movie but the only thing that bothered me was the airplane scene near the end. that runway had to be 100x longer than ron jeremy's d. and then that chick thats one of shaw's goons drives off the plane to chase paul walkers wife who is of no use to them whatsoever cause they already got the chip wtf was she doing. they also killed off the chinese guys gf for no reason at all then he says hes going back to tokyo why so they can make another crapty tokyo drift movie.

Speaking of Woody Allen, just got home from Blue Jasmine.

Excellent movie, and Cate Blanchett, that foxy, foxy woman, should definitely be considered for an Oscar, and Allen for direction.

All that said, the movie is relentlessly negative and hard to watch, haha, but still an easy 8.5

I just watched Oblivion and i don't know what the hell i just watched

I wasn't really paying attention for some of it but still.. Don't even know wtf was happening

hahahha im so happy you said that !! I watched it the other night and felt I might not have been smart enough to grasp what the hell they were going for there .. any more than 1 tom cruise is probably 2 too many ..

The Sitter: 5/10 - Pretty forgettable comedy

Wow, totally forgot about that movie. I saw it close to a year ago. If you think it's forgettable now, just wait. I would probably give it a 2/10, simply because I remember seeing it.