The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wetcoaster

I'll drink to that.

And in that vein for those of you looking for a sparkling wine - may I suggest trying a Spanish offering to toast in the New Year

Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut Cava - made by the traditional champagne method. As good as some $50.00+ champagnes I have had and a bargain at the your local BC liquor store reg. $12.99 and i think still on sale for $11.99..

http://www.bcliquors.../product/551218

551218.jpg

This fine Spanish sparkling wine is made using the Traditional Method, in which the secondary fermentation producing a sparkling wine’s bubbles occurs in the bottle. Its fresh, toasty nose, beautiful citrus, green apple and mineral flavors, supple, lively mouth-feel, and clean, crisp finish make it the ultimate celebratory wine. Enjoy it on its own and with caviar, sushi, seafood, fried foods and Asian dishes

Varietal Blend: 50% Macabeo, 35% Parellada, 15% Xarel-lo

Wondering what happened to the original Cristalino Gold Label? Cristalino started 2011 with a facelift and updated its packaging, but don't worry it's still the same great Cava you've always loved.

alcohol by volume: 11.5%

critical acclaim:

"Bright yellow. Aromas of orange, pineapple and pear, plus a hint of musky herbs. Juicy and very fruity, with crisp acidity and a sharp element of orange zest adding a bitter touch. Finishes clean and brisk, with modest persistence and an echo of candied citrus fruits. This is an incredible value in sparkling wine."

87 Points

Highly recommended.

Well thank you, kind sir. :) I will be using this information in the very near future....

Archived