The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Warning Signs Surrounding Zack Kassian

King of the ES

And yet one of your points of contention with Garrison is his age vs his experience in the NHL.

That's called being a hypocrite.

No, no it's not. I'm not praising Mike Kostka. I'm praising the journey that he took to earn a chance in the NHL at 27. He's someone who "earned" his opportunity - paying his dues, etc. - my comparison was to the person who emphatically stated that Kassian "earned" his spot with the twins, after - what is it, 20 games with the Canucks?

Like many on this site, you need to read more slowly.

As I said, the coach of this team sees far more of Kassian's play than you or I do and as such knows whether a player has 'earned' his spot to play with Henrik and Daniel or not. Obviously AV does feel Kassian has earned it as he is playing on that line, is he not?????

If that's the card that you want to play, fine. You're aware that you're essentially conceding your opinion of all matters related to the Canucks to Alain Vigneault, right?

IE - you can really never have an issue with any decision that AV makes, since he "sees far more" of whatever your complaint is than you do, right?

Tanev not playing enough? Sure he is! AV knows all!

Schroeder sent down? Oh well; AV sees him far more than I do!

No, no it's not. I'm not praising Mike Kostka. I'm praising the journey that he took to earn a chance in the NHL at 27. He's someone who "earned" his opportunity - paying his dues, etc. - my comparison was to the person who emphatically stated that Kassian "earned" his spot with the twins, after - what is it, 20 games with the Canucks?

Like many on this site, you need to read more slowly.

during the off-season the sedins went to kassian and asked him to work out with them seems like the sedins themselves felt he was ready to play with them and wanted to give him the chance to play on their line and every game you watch him play with the sedins he is earning that spot nothing is permanent its only been 7 games into the season AV could easily give burrows the spot back when kesler and booth come back then have kassian move to the 2nd line

If that's the card that you want to play, fine. You're aware that you're essentially conceding your opinion of all matters related to the Canucks to Alain Vigneault, right?

IE - you can really never have an issue with any decision that AV makes, since he "sees far more" of whatever your complaint is than you do, right?

he's the blooming coach

It's not lost on anyone that those are all hypothetical and that the only realm where you are not full of crap is in the land of hopes and dreams. You made this thread because you felt Kass was overrated. While we were eager to see him play, we hardly expected him to be our leading goal scorer and thus he is clearly underrated. You've constantly railed against AV and MG's decisions but the kid is producing just like they said he could. We got a bonafide 1st liner in exchange for a whiney kid with no size or speed who was never going to do well here. Both Kass, Hodgson and their organizations are better for it. The trade was good, Kassian is a damn good player and you've been acting like an idiot.

At this point, the only warning signs in this thread are the ones encouraging you to cut out the trolling if you intend to remain a member of this forum. But by all means, keep it up. I'm sure it'll go over great for you.

It's all good that you're standing up for yourself , but be a man a admit your first post was not as intelligent and thought-out as you first thought. Many have pointed out your many flaws in that first post ,therefore I'm not going to repeat them. I find it funny how you are the perfect example of the saying " Drop the shovel" or in your case I've change it to " grab the life preserver" because its obvious you have no idea you are drowning.

:rolleyes:

As I said, your schtick doesn't work with me, I see right through you and your BS trolling post content.

The man on the ice with his players and watching them play is in far better position to know his players than you, the armchair coach who thinks he knows everything about everything. As such, the man who sees more of his players than you do has the credibility factor sewn up in comparison to yours.

Your MO is always to imply so you can never be held to a specific.....you use it to provoke Canucks fans here on CDC.....that is a form of trolling, something you obviously have not learned anything about as your suspension did not appear to teach you anything. You're not fooling anyone......you've been well identified.

:rolleyes:

As I said, your schtick doesn't work with me, I see right through you and your BS trolling post content.

The man on the ice with his players and watching them play is in far better position to know his players than you, the armchair coach who thinks he knows everything about everything. As such, the man who sees more of his players than you do has the credibility factor sewn up in comparison to yours.

Your MO is always to imply so you can never be held to a specific.....you use it to provoke Canucks fans here on CDC.....that is a form of trolling, something you obviously have not learned anything about as your suspension did not appear to teach you anything. You're not fooling anyone......you've been well identified.

Hahaha

Well, the thing about her post is she takes a stand and makes her opinion known, so you are able to call her onto the carpet. You hide behind passively expressing your opinion as a "hope it doesn't happen". How about you own the things you say and engage in a debate about your opinion instead of hiding behind passive language- that would make you a more engaging poster and your threads way less trollish.

Kassian is doing really well but he was slotted on to the line due to multiple injuries,not because he 'earned it'.

That is ridiculous to the point of star bursting trolling extraordinaire.

Could be you are devoid of hockey common sense because it is ridicuous to even suggest he 'earned it'.

How,when,where?

Certainly not with his play on this team last season.

He could not even be trusted to be slotted in on the last game of the playoffs - on the fourth line.

Troll la la la la

you need to realize the situation that the canucks are in when someone says Kassian has earned his spot. We are down 2 top 6 forwards we lack serious depth on top end talent.

If we were a fully healthy Team and Kass got tossed on the top line after 1 good shift with the twins i might question AV.

He seemed to fit with them and with the lack of options he earned that spot giving coach AV several options with the other lines without completely disrupting the top lines point production.

It gave him the chance to try Burrows on different lines and even at center without having to focus on the #1 line.

AV knows very well the situation the Canucks are in and he had to make some tough choices that could have failed big time.. lucky for him , the fans and Kassian the top line is looking good esp once the twins get some mojo back.

That is what is meant by he earned his chance on the top line. heck if Kesler and Booth started the season he and Jordan might very well be down with the wolves right now. but what do i know.

Archived