The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Smashian, you jump in and argue and yet you hadn't really thought about what I was saying - nor did you really listen. The Ilses owe Dipietro 36 million over 8 seasons. The cost of buying him out is $24 million (not 36 - and not 28). The cap hit also disappears. The Canucks essentially buy those picks. The question becomes what a first round pick is worth in $ - not a conventional question, but the fact is that things have changed, and there will in all likelihood be deals of this nature. Perhaps you should wait and see how the landscape has changed before you flame away.

If both were possible I take Kadri and let him develop with kassian. We can get by with arnott or another small trade if need be. Kids got great talent and we don't have anyone with high end potential. Whether you believe in him or not.

Bozak gives us an immediate bandaid but is really nothing special, where as Kadri has the top end potential to be. Not the ideal high potential prospect like huberdeau or nothing, but it's better than praying for Schroeder to be the next St. Louis lol

you gave three names as players that could have been given up on

again by logic, one infers you are comparing the three to kadri - this is a FACT

if you were not comparing them, why did you use their names? hmm..therefore comparing

please don't attempt to write your lsat or go to law school, or do anything mathematically inclined, you will fail miserably.

your mind doesn't work very logically, that is clear, you can't understand even your own comparisons/inferences.

Fetch us less? Let him play five games and he'll earn his rightful starting job back. Then Gillis can come to reality and trade Schneider.

Trading him already would be the biggest mistake.

I don't care if Lu goes to Toronto for Gardiner and two first picks... and chokes in t.o. and we c Schneider win 10 back to back cups and vezinas in the future. It's simply not the right choice to give the reigns of a team expectimg to compete for a cup to a guy who hasn't played a full season as a starter.

Yes. Precisely.

Here's how you make Phaneuf fit.

You give the Leafs what he is worth - a mid level prospect.

They retain half of his cap his and pay half of his salary.

He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Meh - forget it - still don't want the guy.

Yes. Precisely.

Here's how you make Phaneuf fit.

You give the Leafs what he is worth - a mid level prospect.

They retain half of his cap his and pay half of his salary.

He then might make sense where he belongs - at 3.25 million and on the third pairing.

Meh - forget it - still don't want the guy.

I get what you are saying.

I just can't understand how it would be beneficial to them to destroy there future that they are working so hard to build towards, just to get rid of one bad contract that isn't a huge negative factor right now anyways since they aren't a contender.

Also your not taking into account the finacial situation in Long Island, as I said to someone else, Buyouts aren't as easy as they sound.

Owner's don't generally like doing it because is just paying for your mistakes as GM.

Archived