The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

You're a homer.

Theres no signs that point to Couturier not being able to be a first line center. The kid is an absolute stud in the making.

Grossman/Mezaros are a step down from Edler, but better than letting Edler walk for nothing at the end of the season.

That late first is still a first, and you never know where it will be. Last year phillys was in the early 20's.

and I will say again, that franchise goalie and franchise defenseman are a goalie we are trying to get rid of with a horrid contract and a d man who is a pending UFA.

Still dont like the deal? Add Scott Laughton. there, fixed.

Absolutely. I literally feel happier in my everyday life, ever since the CBA news on Sunday. The Lu drama was gravy, but today's Burke news has poured glorious gasoline on the whole situation at the perfect time. I love the anxiety, and I honestly will confess that I have no clue what will happen. There's still a part of me that thinks Schneider could be shipped for a huge return.

DId anyone else hear Nonis answer the question about Luongo by saying he wasn't allowed to comment on "pending transactions"?

It may be nothing but that seems to be a slip up as the question was in regards to any negotiations. "Pending transaction" would imply a deal is done, pending the ratification of the CBA.

Just a thought.

DId anyone else hear Nonis answer the question about Luongo by saying he wasn't allowed to comment on "pending transactions"?

It may be nothing but that seems to be a slip up as the question was in regards to any negotiations. "Pending transaction" would imply a deal is done, pending the ratification of the CBA.

Just a thought.

Deniro, appreciate what you're saying-think he's a brilliant player-but he's also had back issues, & been inconsistent over a few PO seasons. Lastly, hits hard, but not especially nasty.

Luke Schenn also has issues, & is also young. Believe he's a righty too? Might pair nicely with Garrison, who could compensate for some of Edler's offense.

We'd also have an extra couple mill in cap. Maybe 1 more deal, to get 1 more D-man...

It would be a mistake to trade Edler.

You don`t replace a 50 point defenseman very easily. Which is why every team in the league would be clamouring over him.

For the amount that he`ll likely cost to re-sign, it isn`t worth it to trade him.

Heres a crazy thought. If Philly wants Luongo, Toronto still needs a goalie, and Van just wants the best return possible how about.....

Lou to Philly, Bryzgalov and Van 2nd to Toronto, Gardiner and Couturier to Vancouver.

Philly gets Lou for Couturier straight up, which they would probably do

Vancouver gets the best pieces offered from either teams (better than Gardiner+Kadri, better than Couturier +Grossman)

Which leaves Toronto.... would they give up Gardiner to take on Bryzgalov's contract? the second is compensation for that.. but this trade would still come down to them accepting it or not.

Heres a crazy thought. If Philly wants Luongo, Toronto still needs a goalie, and Van just wants the best return possible how about.....

Lou to Philly, Bryzgalov and Van 2nd to Toronto, Gardiner and Couturier to Vancouver.

Philly gets Lou for Couturier straight up, which they would probably do

Vancouver gets the best pieces offered from either teams (better than Gardiner+Kadri, better than Couturier +Grossman)

Which leaves Toronto.... would they give up Gardiner to take on Bryzgalov's contract? the second is compensation for that.. but this trade would still come down to them accepting it or not.

Archived