The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN > TO > WIN ( 3 way trade )

Luongo to Toronto for 2 first round draft picks (their 1st round draft pick in 2013 and in 2014)

Vancouver will then give their first round draft pick in 2013 along with both the draft picks from Toronto to Winnipeg for Dustin Bufliyen & Evander Kane.

Bufliyen to protect Schnieder and hold ground for the front of net during the power play. Kane not only is a B.C. boy he will add excitement, class and scoring.

- Bandwagon Fan since they traded Bure

I think this is taking a step backwards for both Van and WIN.

yes, the trade brings back a winger and a D man, but also ALOT of salary. (10,450,000) Not to mention both players may cause lockerroom problems (Van vs. Chi. , hearsay of Kane).

WIN is trying to develop a young strong squad, but trading its veteran D man and arguably their best young forward for 3 picks that MAY become regulars is a huge gamble.

No from all clubs.

Luongo to Toronto for 2 first round draft picks (their 1st round draft pick in 2013 and in 2014)

Vancouver will then give their first round draft pick in 2013 along with both the draft picks from Toronto to Winnipeg for Dustin Bufliyen & Evander Kane.

Bufliyen to protect Schnieder and hold ground for the front of net during the power play. Kane not only is a B.C. boy he will add excitement, class and scoring.

- Bandwagon Fan since they traded Bure

I'm sorry, Evander Kane will add class? You mustn't know a thing about him, he is causing a lot of problems for the Jets team off the ice. That being said, I do like Kane's play on the ice, but Vancouverites HATE Byfuglien, and with solid reason too. Canucks would not ever trade for Byfuglien just because they know he would be hated by all the fans, and maybe even some bitter teammates and/or staff. Therefore, I hate the proposal, it's awful

Do you guys not remember what a reckoning force Dustin Byfuglien was in the playoffs? He always gets out of shape in the off season, this is his thing. He's a playoff contender, and that's what matters most. Evander Kane grew up watching the twins, and he's still young with a lot to learn. I'm sure playing in his home town will smarten him up as his family will closely watching.

Archived