The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Can anyone ever go through life without being a dick at some time? He made a decision for himself and his family. Big woop. He negotiated for a no-trade clause, and was given one. It is his right to use it if he sees fit. The whole truth is not upon us, and likely never will be, but take a sec and allow him to be a husband and a father and use his NMC for the reasons he wanted one.

Chill man... It'll be all good.

No Heart, awesome story man. That is really interesting to hear.

I am not surprised that they like Hansen and Tanev. Hansen has looked so strong for at least 2 years now, and is continually getting better. I would hate to know what our team's effort level would look like without him in our lineup. Tanev is really solidifying his place as an NHL Dman. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to hit an Edler-eske rise in production after this season or next. He is really rounding out his defensive play in the NHL, and once he's comfortable I would bet his production goes up.

I think Raymond has done a lot this year to prove that he is in the same category as those guys. He has really impressed me this year.

As for the Luongo deal, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Schneider who is dealt. He has more possible destinations, and is likely more valuable. I think that there are trades available for Luongo that don't land us the impact piece we need to get out of the goaltender trade. Gillis only has one chance to trade a goaltender. If Luongo can't land us an adequate piece to improve the team by the pressure points of the season (trade deadline, draft, free agency) then he will have to trade Schneider for that piece.

I don't think we can go in to next season with almost 10M going to goaltending.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Bah

Apparently this all would have been done last summer ... But Luongo only wanted Florida. Refused to waive his no trade.

http://www.vancouver...html?id=8161759

That's it, I've lost all respect for that idiot Luongo.

For 10 million salary? And all that talk about what's best for the team? Consummate professional? Wanting to win? FU Luongo!!!! I will meet go to another Canuck game with u even sitting on te bench! FU!

MacIntyre isn't worth getting worked up over. He's a pretty dull guy. Where hockey knowledge is concerned, he's a pretender.

As CrippledCanuck says above - the qualifier "reportedly" says it all. That "report" came from a peer of his who is an equally weak source, and who actually admitted the 'report' was unsubstantiated.

No Heart, awesome story man. That is really interesting to hear.

I am not surprised that they like Hansen and Tanev. Hansen has looked so strong for at least 2 years now, and is continually getting better. I would hate to know what our team's effort level would look like without him in our lineup. Tanev is really solidifying his place as an NHL Dman. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to hit an Edler-eske rise in production after this season or next. He is really rounding out his defensive play in the NHL, and once he's comfortable I would bet his production goes up.

I think Raymond has done a lot this year to prove that he is in the same category as those guys. He has really impressed me this year.

As for the Luongo deal, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Schneider who is dealt. He has more possible destinations, and is likely more valuable. I think that there are trades available for Luongo that don't land us the impact piece we need to get out of the goaltender trade. Gillis only has one chance to trade a goaltender. If Luongo can't land us an adequate piece to improve the team by the pressure points of the season (trade deadline, draft, free agency) then he will have to trade Schneider for that piece.

I don't think we can go in to next season with almost 10M going to goaltending.

It will be interesting, that's for sure.

Bah

Apparently this all would have been done last summer ... But Luongo only wanted Florida. Refused to waive his no trade.

http://www.vancouver...html?id=8161759

That's it, I've lost all respect for that idiot Luongo.

For 10 million salary? And all that talk about what's best for the team? Consummate professional? Wanting to win? FU Luongo!!!! I will meet go to another Canuck game with u even sitting on te bench! FU!

Totally agree about Hanson and Raymond. Raymond's speed alone should nail a spot on an NHL roster. His success this season confirms his physical recovery but also what having a setup center can do for his game.

Hate to suggest this but Lou could possibly force a Schneider trade by refusing to waive his NTC. If Gillis thinks Van has a real shot at CUP contention he might move Schneider to get the pieces he wants. I would consider this a big mistake as Van is not close to serious contention. The Raymond-Schroeder-Hanson line is a default 2nd line but has serious questions as a 3rd line in a contending CUP team. Van does not have a 2nd line and moving Schneider in hopes of creating a 2nd line with Kesler anchoring it is playing craps. Combine that with the weak RD situation and Gillis has to acquire to many pieces in to short a time.

Move Lou for younger pieces and if that means waiting until summer so be it. Again I can only hope that Lou is not trying to force a Schneider trade.

Agreed, it pretty tough for Raymond to score goals when Kesler doesn't know to pass and shoots as soon as he crosses the blue line. Kesler would make a better 3rd line centre. Hopefully MG can get an offensive centreman for Lu. I like that trade Lui rumoured above (Bozak, Frattin, Connolly and a 1st)

Archived