The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

There are times I miss Mike Keenan.

He would have made three trades by now; all decisive. He might have got rooked on 1 say Lou, but also stole a few trades in his years. He always moved what he needed to move and acquired what he wanted to acquire. His line ups never lacked speed or size; or a centre!

Did I just say that? :huh:

Point is Gillis has got to get off his horse. Even DeNiro has taken his Gillis tribute down; he's not smarter than all of us.

Laurence Gilman said today that "the Vancouver Canucks are in no hurry to trade either Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider".

They keep giving out mixed messages. Does this mean that Cory is available? How long do they want to keep $10 million tied up in two Goalies? Sometimes They talk like they like having two expensive Goalies. A while back Mike Gillis said "if We decide to go the route of trading Luongo". Did they not promise Cory the number one Job? If I were Roberto or Cory I would resent this. They are lucky Luongo is so easy going.

Eklund's latest on Luongo:

http://www.hockeybuz...67#.UVTFQxxllyU

I don't see us wanting the DiPietro buyout as per Eklund, so my take on this is a package forming around

Luongo + ??? to NYI for Josh Bailey + Nino Niederreiter + ???

NYI is in the play-off hunt, they need goal tending, they have no obvious goalies in the system, they have the cap room, and the prospects and picks to trade. Luongo was drafted there, they have a solid group of young guys emerging, and they are in the hunt, so maybe he waives to go there. Put it this way.... there does seem to be a possible fit.

Jake Gardiner is sitting tonight. Why in the world would they sit him? He has played big mins recently and gotten their offense back on track. Maybe I'm looking into this too much?

Cam Charron Hockey Blogger

"Jake Gardiner a healthy scratch for a maybe-sorta-100% John-Michael Liles? That's a, er, interesting lineup decision"

Why is the T.O. deal eerily realistic and the Florida deal not?

Goc = 2knd, ok

Pertovic > Connauton & a 2knd?

So why do we get both...

Luo Ballard(scratched) Mullen

Franson Frattin Scrivens 2nd

6th

Boyd Gordon

2nd, Connauton

Goc, Petrovic

Any reason not to have a back up goalie this year?

Nashville made out pretty good, as did Washington selling up and coming goalies; so having a few in our system seems naughtta problem to me.

The key is TRADING THEM WHEN U HAVE A MARKET! Or in Philly's case with Bobrovsky, keeping them till they're developed rather than spending $50 mill on a goalie. Hmmmn, no wonder it's so hard to trade Lou...

Then we'd have Markstrom, Schneider, Lack, and potentially Cannata all in the system. Wow that sounds like a lot of fun.

Jake Gardiner is sitting tonight. Why in the world would they sit him? He has played big mins recently and gotten their offense back on track. Maybe I'm looking into this too much?

"Jake Gardiner a healthy scratch for a maybe-sorta-100% John-Michael Liles? That's a, er, interesting lineup decision"

Eklund's latest on Luongo:

http://www.hockeybuz...67#.UVTFQxxllyU

I don't see us wanting the DiPietro buyout as per Eklund, so my take on this is a package forming around

Luongo + ??? to NYI for Josh Bailey + Nino Niederreiter + ???

NYI is in the play-off hunt, they need goal tending, they have no obvious goalies in the system, they have the cap room, and the prospects and picks to trade. Luongo was drafted there, they have a solid group of young guys emerging, and they are in the hunt, so maybe he waives to go there. Put it this way.... there does seem to be a possible fit.

I've been saying all along that the Isles could be a team in serious contention for Luongo, and I still think that now. If the Isles could keep their crap together, they have the foundation for a solid team for years to come and Luongo would stabilize that development.

For Lu, he gets to be part of an emerging young team, gets to go back to the team that drafted him, gets to play in the East and he and his wife get to live in the biggest Italian community outside of Italy.

Get er done

I know you guys hate it when people say this but I just got some info about a player the Canucks may be finalizing a trade for. Can't give details, can't give source.... I know, right?

The only thing I will say is that it isn't a player whose name I have heard brought up before as a possible target for the Canucks. Don't worry, it isn't a drastic trade, it's a depth move. I expect, if my source is good, it's done in the next 24 hours, maybe after the game tonight.

I didn't wan't to post it anywhere else but I thought you junkies would want to hear it.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is not a Lou trade as I understand it. I just posted it here for the usual suspects to kill time with.

Archived