The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keith Ballard named Canucks Alternate Captain

JohnLocke

Actually I think this was entirely about Alberts being a big guy who has a better chance of handling the massive Kings forwards in front of the net.

I love Ballard, he has done everything asked of him including playing on the wrong side, fighting, hitting, playing on a bottom pairing... all things that aren't really in his wheelhouse.

If he gets traded I would be happy for him.

I find it funny that Ballard is shown wearing an A in a picture, AV finds out ok Ballard you are now benched. Henrik Sedin as Captain picks his Alternates, so Henrik decides to give an A to Ballard, Henrik then finds out Ballard is scratched, Henrik doesn't show up to practice.

I do not understand the cap waste going on here when we need a right shot D man, and at least one, if not 2 centerman.

Manny is on IR so he is mostly off the books. But tonight, with Ballard a healthy scratch and Luo on the bench, that is 9.5 mill that could be on the ice.

AV and Gillis- how much longer do u want to handicap the team??

Actually I think this was entirely about Alberts being a big guy who has a better chance of handling the massive Kings forwards in front of the net.

I love Ballard, he has done everything asked of him including playing on the wrong side, fighting, hitting, playing on a bottom pairing... all things that aren't really in his wheelhouse.

If he gets traded I would be happy for him.

I dont know why you respond to everything I say, Im not directly talking to you.

Sorry to poop on your man crush.

Guess AV doesnt know anything about hockey he is just somehow an NHL coach.

Maybe you should also watch the video of MG when he signed Ballard and what he expects him to bring to the team.. And then realize hmm he didnt bring any of those things.

Instead we had to retrain him to play defence, and he has caught on so well he sits in the press box and were better for it.

I dont know why you respond to everything I say, Im not directly talking to you.

Sorry to poop on your man crush.

Guess AV doesnt know anything about hockey he is just somehow an NHL coach.

Maybe you should also watch the video of MG when he signed Ballard and what he expects him to bring to the team.. And then realize hmm he didnt bring any of those things.

Instead we had to retrain him to play defence, and he has caught on so well he sits in the press box and were better for it.

When we aquired Ballard, yes the video is on TSN doubt you watched it though, still doesnt take into account of what MG said and expected of Ballard, and he hasnt performed up to them.

Even right at the beginning when he is talking about the length of the contract, tactifully avoids the pricetag of it, lol. you can almost see the "holy crap did I do that" in his eyes.

Ive really lost faith in MG cmon Booth and Ballard, lucky he doesnt have another 10 million to burn.

Mats Sundin still available?

Please do find me the video of MG when he SIGNED Ballard........ :rolleyes:

Ballard was traded to the Canucks, contract and all......and honestly, if you had ever watched Ballard play before he became a Canuck you would be wishing he was given the opportunity to play to his strengths even if that meant a little risk on the ice.

AV turned him into a stay at home D......which is not his game at all. The fact that he has learned to be one is remarkable actually.

OT: But some of you might remember Aki Berg of the Toronto Maple Leafs from some years back, well add a few more to what you thought. He was a lock to play for team Finland in international tournaments every year for some reasons I dunno about.

Even if he played ok at times, he always gave me the creeps every time he came on the ice and I nearly freaked out every time he was with the puck. Big guy with some upside to his game, but waaay too many brainfarts per game to be playing at a high level.

All this info just because I feel exactly the same when Andrew Alberts takes to the ice. I wan't to get rid of this emotion. Please put Ballard back in the game, AV!

i'm sorry but i'm quite disgusted with how av has handled ballard since he's been here

every single defensemen makes multiple wtf mistakes every game and they still get 20 min per game

ballard plays one bad game with freaken alberts and he gets healthy scratched

i call effing bull that alberts of all people allow them the best chance to win because he sure wasnt the winning factor!

not only does ballard never get a chance on the pp even when it has out right stunk, he rarely even gets offensive zone shifts, most of his shifts start in his own end and when they gain offensive zone, u can see that the “top 4” has come on, hard to get points when u're never on the ice for offensive shifts huh?

its definitely mind boggling how our coaching staff has turned a offensive pp playing dman through several seasons to a struggling dman once he came to vancouver

and dun even talk about accountability, because if there truly was any, edler and others would have been held many games ago!

super frustrating to see such bull on my favourite team

sorry for the long post, rant over

Gragnani got more chances to play top minutes in his short stint here than Ballard has. As a fan I would really like to know wtf is going on with AV and Ballard. How do you expect a player to get in a groove of playing responsible minutes if you make him skate on egg shells all the time?

The most difficult thing about this situation is that him and Tanev were our best D for the majority of the year, and while our other D were all crapping the bed those two stepped up. Then Tanev gets promoted (rightly so) and Ballard gets scratched!

I'd be asking for a trade if I was him.

There just must be more to this entire situation that we don't know about :frantic:

If you look at his stats throughout his career, he has always been an offensive d-man. Juniors, minors, NHL... and then came Vancouver. As posted above; We totally ruined his progress/career so far. He needs to get a chance elsewhere. Even with a big change in strategy for AV, it will not work out anymore. Hope MG can find a trade that makes sense for us and Ballard. He deserves it!

Archived