The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official Toronto Blue Jays '13 Season Thread

Gross-Misconduct

One other thing about the Blue Jays record after 110 games:

After 110 games this season, with a payroll of $118 million, the Jays are 50 - 60 (.455) and 16.0 games back in their division.

After 110 games last season, with a payroll of $83 million, the Jays were 53 - 57 (.482) and 11.0 games back in their division.

I have a hunch that, at season end, Blue Jays ownership are going to have some serious questions for Alex Anthopoulos.

Kudos to any Jays fan that still thinks there's a chance this year. I'm definitley looking to next year.

My keepers are:

Encarnacion

Reyes

Bautista

Lawrie ( although I'd listen to all offers)

Janssen ( I think he's a solid closer)

That's it. Everyone else is up for deals. The Jays starting rotation is horrible, so I'd be shopping Cecil and Delabar hard to try and get a solid starter. What's the use of having good relief pitching when the games already out of hand before they get in the game?

I have a hunch that, at season end, Blue Jays ownership are going to have some serious questions for Alex Anthopoulos.

I agree. Alex is suppose to be the younger, think outta the box breed of manager. And yet he rolled the dice with the old template the Yankees always use and tried to buy a winning team with high priced ( and older) free agents. Plus I didnt like the Melky signing or the recycled Gibbons hire.

At least he tried, he made a valiant effort. There was a lot of hype coming into the season, and this team looked like the team that could make it back. This team seems to have the potential to do it. Just didn't go their way I guess?

Sigh indeed.

Kudos to any Jays fan that still thinks there's a chance this year. I'm definitley looking to next year.

My keepers are:

Encarnacion

Reyes

Bautista

Lawrie ( although I'd listen to all offers)

Janssen ( I think he's a solid closer)

That's it. Everyone else is up for deals. The Jays starting rotation is horrible, so I'd be shopping Cecil and Delabar hard to try and get a solid starter. What's the use of having good relief pitching when the games already out of hand before they get in the game?

I agree. Alex is suppose to be the younger, think outta the box breed of manager. And yet he rolled the dice with the old template the Yankees always use and tried to buy a winning team with high priced ( and older) free agents. Plus I didnt like the Melky signing or the recycled Gibbons hire.

pretty much i agree with you, but id put Cecil and Delabar on the keeper list, why trade our only good pitching for something that might not work out (see this year's additions). Id be willing to trade Lawrie as well i suppose, but we really havent seen enough of him this year to make a good call there. Encarnacion has been our best hitter and RBI man and is by far the #1 keeper in my mind.

Really have no solution to our starting pitching woes though. God, have they been awful, and the main reason for the Jays problems. I dont know, draft well? build from within? could be years though. Signing free agents clearly isnt working.

There will be some tough questions in the offseason for sure. AA will be in the hot seat and I won't be surprised if he gets axed either. I do not blame him for rolling the dice, but it did not work out and he has to be held accountable too.

To move forward, this team needs to fire the coaching staff and significantly improve its starting rotation.

Until the Jays can actually start compiling a .500 or higher record within its own division, playoffs are a pipe dream.

At least he tried, he made a valiant effort. There was a lot of hype coming into the season, and this team looked like the team that could make it back. This team seems to have the potential to do it. Just didn't go their way I guess?

Sigh indeed.

In the midst of this debacle I'd give credit to Blue Jays ownership. They were willing to boost spending by about $35 million this season.

But when you boost spending by about 42 percent and end up with a poorer record than the previous season? Ownership is going to make someone responsible for this.

AA can always try to say that the players he got were good, they just didn't have the coaching.

But who hired the coach?

I think AA is in a spot of trouble.

There's still 62 games left. If the Blue Jays can win consistently over a rate of .500 (say they go 37-25) they have a chance at making the playoffs, but probably not a good one.

A chance? To pass Baltimore, New York, Tampa, and Boston? Not a good one is an understatement.

It's pretty much .0000001%.

Was at the game last night, Safeco is beautiful, but makes Rogers arena concession look good. 3 different time we went to get beers at 3 different concession stands , ended up waiting 20 minutes, hardly moving, and missing a full top/bottom half of the inning before quitting and going back to our seats. Awful.

Was at the game last night, Safeco is beautiful, but makes Rogers arena concession look good. 3 different time we went to get beers at 3 different concession stands , ended up waiting 20 minutes, hardly moving, and missing a full top/bottom half of the inning before quitting and going back to our seats. Awful.

I went to Tuesday's game and they must've heard your complaints as I found the lines to move briskly.

Except it was annoying that they pause beer sales for the Anthem.

Archived