The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Winnipeg/Vancouver - Player for Player

To Vancouver; Alex Burmistrov

To Winnipeg; Jordan Schroeder

Not a major trade, but i think it's a good one. Schroeder really doesn't fit the 4th line role where he was and he wasn't going to get a role higher than the 3rd line, which is a revolving door. With Burmistrov, it's a risk, but he's got similar size and actually throws high weight (or lack there of) around. Change of scenery for one, and a familiar place for Schroeder. If Burmistrov put on a little size, he could develop into a solid top 9 player.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (Proven to be effective)

Higgins-Kesler-Hansen

Booth-Burmistrov-Burrows

Raymond-Lapierre-Weise

Mix up the lines.

If we're going to trade with the Jets, I would do the following deal:

Edler, Raymond, Weise, and Booth for Enstrom, Wheeler and Thorburn.

They get:

Edler - d-man with size and upside potential (dare I say elite level potential). Even though he's got a brand new contract, he looks like he wants a change of scenery.

Raymond - UFA prairie boy with jets who, if given the choice would probably be happy to play in Winnipeg

Weise - RFA Winnipeg boy who could possibly move up the depth chart with the Jets and play in his home town.

Booth - power forward on the left side. Good prairie hunting...lots of deer, moose, grouse in Manitoba.

We get:

Enstrom - puck moving d-man who can legitimately quarterback the PP (especially after watching what Suter can do for Minnesota from the point on their PP, and us having no answer ourselves, I believe that this is now a priority for the Canucks)...and yes, I know Enstrom is hurt right now.

Wheeler - power forward with very good skills and a guy who isn't afraid to go to the net

Thorburn - another big, tough guy who is difficult to play against

We gain on cap...Enstrom = Edler; Wheeler will be = Booth (at the very least with new contract); Raymond and Weise > Thorburn

We move four roster players for two (possibly three if Thorburn can stick)...forces our hand to move young guys like Jensen into the lineup on ELC to deal with cap issues in 2013-2014.

If we're going to trade with the Jets, I would do the following deal:

Edler, Raymond, Weise, and Booth for Enstrom, Wheeler and Thorburn.

They get:

Edler - d-man with size and upside potential (dare I say elite level potential).  Even though he's got a brand new contract, he looks like he wants a change of scenery.

Raymond - UFA prairie boy with jets who, if given the choice would probably be happy to play in Winnipeg

Weise - RFA Winnipeg boy who could possibly move up the depth chart with the Jets and play in his home town.

Booth - power forward on the left side.  Good prairie hunting...lots of deer, moose, grouse in Manitoba.

We get:

Enstrom - puck moving d-man who can legitimately quarterback the PP (especially after watching what Suter can do for Minnesota from the point on their PP, and us having no answer ourselves, I believe that this is now a priority for the Canucks)...and yes, I know Enstrom is hurt right now.

Wheeler - power forward with very good skills and a guy who isn't afraid to go to the net

Thorburn - another big, tough guy who is difficult to play against

We gain on cap...Enstrom = Edler; Wheeler will be = Booth (at the very least with new contract); Raymond and Weise > Thorburn

We move four roster players for two (possibly three if Thorburn can stick)...forces our hand to move young guys like Jensen into the lineup on ELC to deal with cap issues in 2013-2014.

Archived