The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Brenden Morrow to Pittsburgh

Say what you want about trading away a good prospect, the Penguins just solidified their place in the Cup finals with this move. This is the ballsy sort of deal MG has to make - trade away our future for our current Cup chances.

This team is not going to contend at all in 3 or 4 seasons, so we might as well trade it all for a shot at it now or next season. Pittsburgh understands Morrow probably only has one or two good years left, but his team are all in their prime now so he's going for it. They have the best 2 forwards in the league, arguably the Norris winner in Letang and a clutch goalie, now they have a physical playoff presence in Morrow.

The only way they don't win a Cup is if Philadelphia squeek into the playoffs, or their defence comes apart.

I saw the other threads but none that said to Boston. It was a legitimate rumour with sources. My question to you is why did it bother you that I made this thread? Let the mods do their job (which they did in this case).

Their forward group is the by far the best in the league now I'd say. They did overpay but honestly they put Morrow in a great position to succeed. He doesn't need to put up great numbers or anything and he'll have linemates who will make his job easier. Even on the 3rd line he can make an impact with his grit and leadership.

Say what you want about trading away a good prospect, the Penguins just solidified their place in the Cup finals with this move. This is the ballsy sort of deal MG has to make - trade away our future for our current Cup chances.

This team is not going to contend at all in 3 or 4 seasons, so we might as well trade it all for a shot at it now or next season. Pittsburgh understands Morrow probably only has one or two good years left, but his team are all in their prime now so he's going for it. They have the best 2 forwards in the league, arguably the Norris winner in Letang and a clutch goalie, now they have a physical playoff presence in Morrow.

The only way they don't win a Cup is if Philadelphia squeek into the playoffs, or their defence comes apart.

Archived