The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Under The Radar Transaction and Signings From Deadline Day

Was deadline day the last day you can sign prospects to contracts or something? That's why you see a flurry of these I assume.

for those of you who say you have never heard of these guys, guess you are newbies to hockey. Drew McIntyre was a Canucks prospect not too long ago. He is 29 now so chances are he won't accomplish much in the NHL, but nobody knew who Tim Thomas was when he was 29.

Wow, people come in here to complain... He clearly stated "under the radar" in the title. These were signings that happened that not many people know about. He could have made each one an individual thread, but decided to make it into one clean list. Thanks OP.

In my opinion a defenseman that will be better than any other on your current list was also signed to a 3 year entry level contract by the Winnipeg Jets on April 2nd Jacob Trouba!!!!

A lot of other big names on that list as well. Wotherspoon looks to have top pairing potential for Calgary. I'd say that at this point him and Baertschi are the centrepieces of that "retool".

Strome will possibly give the Islanders the best 1-2 center punch in the league along with Tavares if they both stay long term (Besides the Penguins of course).

The Red Wings need Ryan Sproul to be a top 4 defenseman down the road and possibly even this season if they want to remain competitive.

Danny Kristo has all the tools to be a really good top 6 winger for years to come in Montreal. All of the sudden that team has one of the best systems in the league with a lot of young talent.

Dmitrij Jaskin tore up the QMJHL this season and is one of the best Czech born prospects in the game. Another great looking draft pick by Jarmo Kekalainen when he was with the Blues organization. I'm very excited to see what he does with the Blue Jackets in his first stint as an NHL General Manager.

In my opinion a defenseman that will be better than any other on your current list was also signed to a 3 year entry level contract by the Winnipeg Jets on April 2nd Jacob Trouba!!!!

A lot of other big names on that list as well. Wotherspoon looks to have top pairing potential for Calgary. I'd say that at this point him and Baertschi are the centrepieces of that "retool".

Strome will possibly give the Islanders the best 1-2 center punch in the league along with Tavares if they both stay long term (Besides the Penguins of course).

The Red Wings need Ryan Sproul to be a top 4 defenseman down the road and possibly even this season if they want to remain competitive.

Danny Kristo has all the tools to be a really good top 6 winger for years to come in Montreal. All of the sudden that team has one of the best systems in the league with a lot of young talent.

Dmitrij Jaskin tore up the QMJHL this season and is one of the best Czech born prospects in the game. Another great looking draft pick by Jarmo Kekalainen when he was with the Blues organization. I'm very excited to see what he does with the Blue Jackets in his first stint as an NHL General Manager.

Actually, I like this thread. It points out that some more players I rooted for during Canada's World Junior dominance have marched another step towards the NHL.

It also points out who the redundant, internet, weiner-whiners are although, I would rather they stay silent.

Minister, do you really think all of Calgary's 2011 picks will play for them in the NHL? I might be able to say they did "really well" in 5 or 6 years. I admit though, I don't see these plays play enough so all I can go off of is stats.

Agreed.

Brossoit - don't know too much can't comment

Wotherspoon - 2nd pair upside, very solid defensive dman

Granlund - skilled guy, has 2nd line upside if all things go well

Baertschi - gem of the group, has star upside IMO

Gaudreau - tiny but ultra skilled, for where he was picked it will likely be one of the biggest steals in that draft, with Calgary's lack of depth he should get an opportunity to be a real good player

Haha, it's ridculous for me, a person who is big on prospects and one of my favorite things about hockey is checking out prospects to see all these people going OMG WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE.........

But seriously, how do you not know who Strome is.....who Wotherspoon is......who Brossoit is....

I can't believe how many people are making "who cares" posts in this thread. I'll tell you who cares: Those of us with more than just a passing interest in the game and like to know what's on the horizon as far a up-and-coming players go...

If you honestly don't care, then prove it by taking you snide remarks somewhere else.

Minister: Thanks for the effort. Believe it or not, some people around here appreciate it.

Archived