The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 @ Avelanch 4

The Magician

This is a very good post. I'd like to throw in the disclaimer that AV reacts to indifferent effort & blown coverage much more strongly than individual mistakes. But I agree, why upgrade Hansen, who is a less talented Burrows look alike, to the top line? If we draw Burrows down to the 2knd line to help make it effective, give our first a new look & use it to get Kassian going!

First Hansen was productive and we had defensive match ups well covered on the wing with him on the 3rd. Without Hansen, our 3rd line spent a LOT of time behind the play today instead of fore-checking, attacking and pressing play. Roy, Hansen & Raymond would be a much more dangerous line!

2knd, Kassian added a new element to the first line earlier in the year. Look at our 3rd goal, an excellent 4th line shift where Kassian contributed exactly the board play, cycling and puck control that would make him effective with the Twins. We desperately need to develop a big physical option good enough to play in the top 6. Kesler plays a quick attack game after winning pucks. Kass is much better suited to the Twins puck control game. We are wasting an opportunity to both develop & utilize this player.

3rd? I'll ask this question rhetorically; do you think Roy would re-sign with us, proving our commitment to his style of game, giving him Dale Weise as a winger to make them dynamic?

:picard:

There is absolutely no reason to have traded for Roy if we're going to play him with a plug. Goes to show MG should have done a lot more at the deadline. And what's with playing Danny at the left point? Well, we're still missing a puck moving D also.

Moving forward, we need to experiment recalling Jensen for the last 4 games. At least there is hope we can still upgrade or get the production we need from the RW position. One of him & Kassian would play top 9.

I wish AV would have the same kind of patience with all his players like he does with his pets. Let them work through their mistakes and develop some chemistry. If you are going to experiment with the top line, why not Kassian? Develop a chemistry with the twins for an alternate line come playoffs. One that has a completely different look. Hansen gives you almost the same type of line as Burrows except with no hands.

Play Kassian consistently for 60 minutes with the twins for 3 or 4 games, no matter what. Then put Burrows back in there for the final 3 or 4 to get the #1 line primed for the start of the playoffs. Higgins being out does put a wrench into the other lines prep, but no reason to fuss with the 4th. Wiese, Lapierre, and Sestito.

I've never seen an NHL coach juggle lines for no reason, or for emotional hunches based on a one second play, more than AV.

It was simply a bad game throughout. The Canucks look like they had just partied the night prior and were skating poorly. Not a single player stepped up from what I could see.

The team needs to play with passion day in and day out - no matter whether they're playing the league's best or the bottom feeders like Colorado. This loss was just embarassing.

the last one he could've had if he was sharper. watch the replay again, he was screened but was looking the wrong way. he didnt even know which side the puck was at.

but what pisses me off is the skaters in front of him, totally outplayed.

This is all on AV.

Put in a sick goalie instead of a motivated one coming off a 40-save performance. That's 4 goals against.

Don't call your timeout with 7 minutes to go in a close 3-2 hockey game and your 4th line has just iced the puck twice in a row. Get scored on the next shift.

Completely shuffle up all your lines after out-scoring opponents something rediculous like 13-3 in the last 4 game winning streak and ruining whatever chemistry we had going.

Sure that final call was B.S and we should of had a powerplay after someone got tripped up big time at our own blueline, but the Canucks were sloppy all night long. 1st goal against was a joke of a play by us, 2nd goal Lapierre was pick-pocketted to perfection, 3rd goal was shocking coverage and 4th goal was just a fluke.

This is all on AV.

Put in a sick goalie instead of a motivated one coming off a 40-save performance. That's 4 goals against.

Don't call your timeout with 7 minutes to go in a close 3-2 hockey game and your 4th line has just iced the puck twice in a row. Get scored on the next shift.

Completely shuffle up all your lines after out-scoring opponents something rediculous like 13-3 in the last 4 game winning streak and ruining whatever chemistry we had going.

Sure that final call was B.S and we should of had a powerplay after someone got tripped up big time at our own blueline, but the Canucks were sloppy all night long. 1st goal against was a joke of a play by us, 2nd goal Lapierre was pick-pocketted to perfection, 3rd goal was shocking coverage and 4th goal was just a fluke.

pretty much as expected when taking on a bottom team.

under av the nucks show up unprepared and don't respect there opponent especially when there facing teams below/out of the playoffs and once again it costs them 2 points.

Hands of stone Hansen the man with 0 finish has to be some kind of internal joke to have him on the top line.don't get me wrong i think hansen is a great third line checker but thats where his career is and has been. and can some one explain why Newell Brown still has a job the powerplay is the laughing stock of the league and has been all season.

The Canucks didn't exactly play great against Calgary either (hence the shot totals against in the 3rd). Luongo was just a bit luckier. Which by the way a lot of goaltending is for those of you who don't play it/understand it. You take what you are given. Sometimes there's a double deflection, sometimes you're screened on a routine play or sometimes every shot you can't see hits you in the chest. I don't blame Schneider at all, though he wasn't great either. Just unlucky. Our D though has been bad for 2 games straight and parts of games before that (usually 50-55 minute efforts). Hopefully we do better in the coming week.

I do think that Luo should get a couple starts, in case Schneids isn't 100% right now and it might be a bit of a wake up call for the bunch (sort of like putting Schneids into game 3 last year).

Archived