The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Speculation about what gets people into "heaven" or keeps them out

Harbinger

The thing about lawyers is that they are pretty much the facilitator of evil. That is one of the main reasons there will be none in heaven. The only reason lawyers exist is because there is evil and there is people who want to do wrong to others. Lawyers are the people that work to make those things happen.

Lo, there do I see my father.

Lo, there do I see my mother,

and my sisters, and my brothers.

Lo, there do I see the line of my people,

Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.

They bid me take my place among them,

In the halls of Valhalla!

Where the brave may live forever!

-The Viking Prayer

We come from the land of the ice and snow,From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands,To fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore.- The Led Zepplin prayer...

As others have said...all it really takes is to believe in your heart that Jesus is your saviour.

bridge6.jpg

Jesus died on the cross to fix the broken relationship with us and God.

"The Alpha course is your opportunity to explore the Christian faith. No question is too simple, too tough or too out there"

http://www.alphacanada.org/

No question too tough...how about you explain to me how there could possibly have been light before there was a sun. Or maybe you could explain how plants began to grow before there was sunlight...seeing as how now we know that there has to be sunlight for plants to grow...this is not speculation..it is fact. It is physically impossible for plant life to grow without a source of light...and as the bible specifically states there was light before there was a sun...I think an explanation is required by all who seek to draw people into that way of belief. Please do explain those two absurdities, if you possibly can. And don't phone it in with "well god can do anything or god works in mystterious ways" that is a cop out.

So wait a second...I'm supposed to read that verse and not believe what I have just read...that LIGHT existed before the SUN...yet people insist that the Creation myth be taught in a biology class? Your book fails even the simplest and most basic test of COSMOLOGY...why would anyone want it anywhere near a discussion on BIOLOGY? How is it supposed to be read if not literally when you take it to those lengths?

Archived