The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Canucks vs Sharks Rnd 1**

carlweezer

I can't believe some people are still so cocky after what happened last year.

Stop using the word easy and playoffs in the same sentence. Nothing is ever easy about the playoffs.

Every team is so close talent wise from 1-8, that if a team doesn't bring their A game in the playoffs, they're likely going to lose.

The fact that the Canucks have only brought their A game a handful of times this season worries me. We better hope they can turn it on when it matters.

I can't believe some people are still so cocky after what happened last year.

Stop using the word easy and playoffs in the same sentence. Nothing is ever easy about the playoffs.

Every team is so close talent wise from 1-8, that if a team doesn't bring their A game in the playoffs, they're likely going to lose.

The fact that the Canucks have only brought their A game a handful of times this season worries me. We better hope they can turn it on when it matters.

We are a better team then we were in 2011 and all the Sharks did was trade heatley,clowe and murray since then they aquired raffi,gome and burish.

We got rid of, samuelsson,raffi,tabellini,glass,rome,hodgson,volpatti,salo and we aquired booth,kassian,pinizotto,setito,roy,garrison

Bring on the Sharks!

Hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders. I like the matchup better than Kings of Blues but who knows. Our forwards are pretty much healthy which is good because I think we are better conditioned and faster. Should bode well to play these guys in the first round. I think the key will be our defence and how healthy we are, if AV has to start juggling in the middle of the series we are in trouble. Hopefully Tanev is a go soon. The upside there is that Alberts has looked much better and composed than last year now that he's getting to pay more, Barker is serviceable, Corrado looks like he can play just fine, and Ballard can play anywhere. Here's to Juice staying healthy.

As far as the goalie debate I hope Schnieder is ready to go but I'm 100% behind either goalie for the playoffs. I hope the fans can just support either one.

Thanks DownUnda for your hilarious renditions regarding everything. Priceless as usual.

In regards to the records who cares.

-only 3 games

-Kes and Roy never played

-we were way better in the game that went to a shootout, which isn't even a win, it's a coin toss

-one was forty five games ago, in which we gave the game away 5 minutes in, when Sharks started 6-0

Also thanks to Smashian for the intro vids, but damn you bro did not need to get all emotional on a Sunday morning.

I will very interested to see what the lines are. I guess it looks like

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Roy Kesler

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Sestito Ebbett Kassian

Defence - I don't know hard to figure - I like Corrado but Bieksa should be top 6 - do we break up Hamhuis Garrison?

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Corrado

Alberts Bieksa

Ballard Barker

- when I actually look at last pairings I now think

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Bieksa

Alberts Ballard

Barker Corrado

Elite Goalie

Elite Goalie

:canucks: LETS GO NUCKS :canucks:

I don't mind this series at all, we may have lost the series in the season but when did we have a full healthy line up this year? plus we didn't have roy for most of the season either. toughness being a problem against them? I doubt it, i see AV having sestito on fourth line no matter how bad he plays because he can always ride the pine until a problem arises. Ok so he's no heavy weight class fighter like Brashear but he is enough of a big body to be aware of. Then there's alberts and beeker etc, so we're not the canucks of old who bigger teams could beat on with no problem like the hawks did when everyone blamed Lou for losing instead.

Our bigger problem isn't size or toughness anymore so much but consistant team defence is, if we could could sustain team D then we'd be ok but so far it's been a huge problem! Just a good offence no longer comes close to cutting anymore in this league. Anyway, we'll put up a fight IF this team wakes up in every area of the game then we might get further than most people realize and just possibly other big teams beat on each other and get key players injured in the process then who knows.

Archived