The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ECQF: (4) Boston Bruins vs (5) Toronto Maple Leafs

JE14

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just hate how they ignore violent, often dangerous penalties, only to call non-violent, borderline penalties, i.e. incidental trip that doesn't cause or stop a scoring chance.

This league needs to really take a closer look at officiating if it is indeed serious about having a level playing field for all teams, and getting calls right.

It's the elephant in the room, just like the NBA's Tim Donaghy situation from years ago...

Just saying.

Au Contraire.I know that around 99% of all hockey fans across the media platforms were not only actively campaigning against the Canucks every round, no matter the opponent, but they gleefully shilled the Canucks-as-villains that their media concocted. The same stuff we're living with today as everyone's favorite whipping boy. This is generational stuff and Toronto created it.

ENEMIES FOREVER!!!

NEVER FORGET!!!

Listening to the Leafs feed on the radio, I liked how their media called things correctly in that, they understood that the players had to play dirty and slash and cross check because they know it doesn't get called. Our media just complains while our players get bobble-headed and don't fight back.

Having said that, refs would simply call a penalty on us anyhow LOL

...f*ck the NHL

The blatant elbow on JVR by Kelly was a joke also. The refs don't want to call a penalty on the home team late in the third to thwart a comeback. I'm a as big a Leaf hater as the next guy, but that last 10 minutes was an atrocity by the officials.

LOL what a choke. I dont like the Leafs, but I hate the Bruins so either team losing would have been ok with me but the way it happened was ridiculous. I don't think Boston could beat NYR if the officals keep it fair. Lundqvist >>>>>>>>>>>>Rask.

Edit : Forgot to add that I actually do feel a bit bad for Leaf fans. They were getting ready to have a huge party and then had it ripped away.

One of the best comebacks in the history of hockey. It means a lot for the Bruins that the players that really stepped it up were the franchise players (Chara, Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic etc...). If they had lost, Chiarelli might start thinking about blowing up the core. Minimum goal still has to be reaching the conference finals though.

edit: not to mention it's amazing the Bruins were able to win that with 5 D after Seidenberg was injured on the first shift, and without Ference (their 3rd best D) and Redden.

Archived