The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why isn't gillis getting the blame?

giXXer

I've noticed a lot more people are flaming AV and I don't disagree. I also think that gillis is equally to blame here, he's made some decision that's messed up this team in a bug way, I honestly think loungo drama is his wrong doings and the team is directly effected by it.

He should've fired AV last year, he should've dealt loungo last year and also look for some solid pieces. He's always brining in plugs that and those players fail to perform at the playoffs, I can go on and on but I think gillis should be fired right after AV.

He is getting the blame and he should his mistakes are endless.

- makes Luongo the franchise player and signs him to 12 years and then one year later decides to change his mind

- he could have traded Schieds getting us a great return 2 years ago

- he could have traded Schnieds last year at the deadline for an even better return

- decides to keep Schieds then waits too long to trade Luongo, now has to give him up for nothing or buy him out

- he gave up on Grabner

- Hodgson for Kassian is still sour for some fans

- he miscalculated on Booth

- Edler's new contract

- letting Torres walk

- not getting a replacement for Manny when he knew he what was going to happen

- all these contracts with NTC

- having around 13 million of capspace being sat out every single game

edit

- i forgot to add Gillis' overreaction to Stanley Cup Final loss. He dismantled the team that got 1 game away from hoisting the cup, it needed a tweak not a bunch of changes.

As bad as AV's decisions are sometimes Gillis' are even worse.

Unfortunately one can cherry pick a couple of GM errors across the league.

However, with Gills he has made too many major blunders.

1. Ballard trade

2. Not trading a goalie

3. Third line centre

4. Giving up on Grabner

5. Coho mess

6. Resigning AV, Elder

7. Luu contract too long with a no trade

Let Gillis handle/finish the Lou trade and then assess what he has done afterwards. I don't think it's fair for Gillis to sign Lou to a ridiculous contract, put Lou through all the crap he has gone thru (aka press conference for NOT being traded), and then expect some other GM to trade and fix what Gillis has started.

I agree with another poster, give Gillis one more year to fix this team.

I'm still on the fence with AV. I have a feeling that the players have stopped playing for him though. The heart just doesn't seem there and I think it's because our guys have been playing the same, unproductive way for so long, so being told over and over by the same coaching staff that "it will work, just play your game" is deflating... because it isn't working.

I agree, GMMG carries way more to blame than AV. I would rather keep AV until we can replace him with someone ACTUALLY better.(not the current flunkies on the market)

Gillis needs to go NOW. Before he screws up our future even more.

People do blame Gillis for some things he has done, don't think they don't. At the moment AV is more of the problem to the team then MG, and to why AV needs to be gone. If AV isn't fired for next year, then MG will have all the blame on him 100%, and the Aquallinis will really need to wake up and get ride of MG and bring in a new GM, and hope to god he fires AV.

Where have you been? Gillis is getting a lot of the blame.

And btw I don't think you can blame the Ballard trade on Gillis. Ballard was a 30+ point d man until he came to Vancouver. Oddly enough his numbers plummeted as soon as he came here. I wonder why... *cough* AV *cough*

EDIT: Like seriously look at his numbers. They go right off a cliff as soon as he comes here.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=61770

Unfortunately one can cherry pick a couple of GM errors across the league.

However, with Gills he has made too many major blunders.

1. Ballard trade

2. Not trading a goalie

3. Third line centre

4. Giving up on Grabner

5. Coho mess

6. Resigning AV, Elder

7. Luu contract too long with a no trade

I blame AV because I think the Canucks have as strong a lineup, if not stronger, than the Sharks and are getting owned. With AV's style of play it seems like even if they have team Canada in their lineup they will still be ineffective.

Archived