The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would you feel better if we lost a 7th game?

whytelight

Just asking:

I don't think our Canucks were on the same compete level as the Sharks and Kings. We lucked out against Chicago to make it to the finals 2 years ago......teams should not blow 3-0 leads.

I'm asking, would you feel better if we lost in the 7th game against the Sharks? If they did, we could say that they actually competed and competed with them till the bitter end. We could say that an inch here or an inch there and we could have beat them.

But not this year.......we were not even competing with the Sharks.

I

Well, yes and no. No because a loss is a loss and i'd rather not have them get injured through the duration of the series so they could be ready for next season. Yes, because i'd be able to say they at the least tried, but the Sharks were to good. Our powerplay cost us though.

I would absolutely feel better about it. Vancouver had 59 points in the regular season. SJ had 57. The teams were fairly close in several stats categories. To go down in 7 would have been a far better fate.

We should've lost in a minimum of 6 games, notwithstanding Hansen's miss on that empty net and a good penalty kill/lack of call on that late 3rd period tying goal in game 4.

I would've been happier than that. We were robbed/unlucky to the max. Regardless, SJ outplayed us the majority of the time, but spending almost 2 entire periods worth of PK time doesn't help.

Archived