The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's time for change...... "C"

Snake Doctor

As much as I love Hank as captain. As great he is in the community and on the ice, it's time for change. Kesler is a man that wears his heart on his stick, points out who needs to improve, and carries this team on his back. I would like him to wear the C next season and see what transpires. Anyone else think the same or am I way off.

Taking it away from Hank to give it to Kesler isn't going to change anything.

It would just be a slap in the face of Hank. Kesler doesn't need a C on his jersey to motivate the team.

I was pushing for Kes as captain when Lou lost the C, but at the time he seemed too mouthy/immature to handle the role. Since then he has done a lot of growing up and seems perfectly suited for it.

The question is, what does it so to the locker room climate to change captains yet again?

As much as i like Kesler I can't see this having any positive effects.

The leadership Kesler provides is there if he has the C or not.

While it could have a negative effect on Henrik.

It often causes uncomfortable situations if the C is taken from one player & given to another while both players remain on the team.

IMO Henrik should keep the C as long as he's on the team.

Plus if Henrik still has the C at the end of next season it might increase the chances of the Sedins signing much more cap friendly contracts next year.

As much as i like Kesler I can't see this having any positive effects.

The leadership Kesler provides is there if he has the C or not.

While it could have a negative effect on Henrik.

It often causes uncomfortable situations if the C is taken from one player & given to another while both players remain on the team.

IMO Henrik should keep the C as long as he's on the team.

Plus if Henrik still has the C at the end of next season it might increase the chances of the Sedins signing much more cap friendly contracts next year.

I actually agree that it's time for a new captain, I just don't know that we have anyone who deserves it right now. In the games the team phoned it in I didn't see anyone who gave it their all, and that includes Kesler.

We used to be the comeback kids, the team that never gave up, worked hard and made more 3rd period comeback than anyone. Somehow that devolved into us only playing in the 3rd and that's not acceptable. A good captain should know that.

What we need is someone who will lead and inspire by example, giving his all every game no matter what period it is or what the score is. We need someone who doesn't think it's fine to play for only part of the game and we need someone who doesn't just give up when they're down. In short, we need someone who does not accept the current culture of the Canucks and I'm not sure we have anyone like that right now.

I was pushing for Kes as captain when Lou lost the C, but at the time he seemed too mouthy/immature to handle the role. Since then he has done a lot of growing up and seems perfectly suited for it.

The question is, what does it so to the locker room climate to change captains yet again?

Archived