The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bob McKenzie: "I expect the Vancouver Canucks to make a coaching change"

if AV is replaced, it will because it is felt the team needs a new voice....AV is not responsible for this team's failure....gillis hasn't found the right personel yet.....people who hate AV blame him for every thing.

the first line is fine....kesler is by himself on the second line and we have no 3rd line center......the defense is evolving....not there yet but close...that is what gillis needs to address.

apollo is a huge Luongo fan. ONe of the biggest ones here. I have no problem with Luongo supporters.

However apollo is a Canuck fan who is blaming Luongo's failures on Mike Gillis not building a good enough team for Luongo and A.V for not coaching good enough to help Luongo. He loves Luongo so much he is putting the blame on The coaching and Management staff instead of the Player himself, who actually has been declining over the years, despite some very very exception performances.

if AV is replaced, it will because it is felt the team needs a new voice....AV is not responsible for this team's failure....gillis hasn't found the right personel yet.....people who hate AV blame him for every thing.

the first line is fine....kesler is by himself on the second line and we have no 3rd line center......the defense is evolving....not there yet but close...that is what gillis needs to address.

Speculation/his personal opinion most likely, unless he says "I have a source telling me" about changes to the Canucks coaching staff.

It still astounds me how many people don't remember how bad things have been (for us and for other teams) to want to make a significant management change along with firing AV.

of course he has to take part of the blame....but without the right mix of players and players under achieving. there is only so much he can do...who has fit with kesler and AV has tried everyone....who has stepped up and claimed the third line center position?......the players themselves have said that they are to blame....if the team needs a new voice, then fine...i can understand that but for those that let their dislike for someone cloud all their opinions of him is wrong..dead wrong. is AV responsible for the lack of scoring, collapse of the power play?....did he tell the goalies to stop, stopping the puck?.....AV is a great coach and will lead a team to the stanley cup....here or somewhere else....

When did Gillis say he expected Lu to score goals?

Ruined the city? Really? Does that mean Nonis built the city because he brought in Luongo?

I realize you're butthurt about how Lu has been treated, but you do go overboard, don't you?

I have generally been an AV fan and I am still not not anti-AV in any way; I think he has undeniably been a great coach over the course of his tenure hear. That having been said, two first round exits in 9 games while making questionable goaltending decisions that have lead to significant controversy does not bode well for him. When Schneider basically lost us game 3 this year when Luongo had played well in games 1 and 2, I fully expected AV to be fired.

That having been said, you don't fire a great coach just for the sake of change unless you have a very good or excellent replacement. I don't think AV goes unless they have a deal made with another excellent coach.

I am surprised Tippett hasn't been mentioned in more threads. That guy has had a great coaching career, works miracles with weak rosters and develops young players very well. As far as I know his contract is up in Phoenix as well. I've always thought of him as one of the best coaches in the league.

Archived