The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Great coach while he was here. Unfortuantely 2 consistent first round exits after the run to the finals is what was obviously his undoing.

He'll find another job quickly, as he has a lot of hockey knowledge to pass onto another team.

AV, you at least knew what you were doing. Just a pity the guy charged with supplying you didn't have a clue. People who learn in the job shouldn't be allowed to fire people who know what they are doing.

Also I don't think Louie Erikkson is a better player than Burrows. Your baseing that on 4 games.

And every season that Erikkson has been in the NHL. Anyone can see that he is far superior than Burrows.

MG has completely mismanaged this team since the 2011 scf meltdown. AV should have been gone then. lack of scoring should have been addressed then. who to keep (raffi) and who to let go (Raymond) should have been addressed then. MG has burned two years of "the window" which if there was ever any doubt is now officially closed. this team is in rebuild mode and will be at the bottom of its new division for years. its going to be a painful 15 years or so.......

AV, you at least knew what you were doing. Just a pity the guy charged with supplying you didn't have a clue. People who learn in the job shouldn't be allowed to fire people who know what they are doing.

oh you mean like Ray Shero when he fired Therrien and replaced him with Byslma?

The best coach the Canucks ever had.

Hockey business trumps sentimentality.

The AV detractors could very well be in for a rude awakening. Thankfully there is enough coachable talent for the new coach to work with.

Agree with Shorty's opinion after the playoff elimination; Gillis should acquiesce to the public by hiring a marquee name.

If Ruff is hired, its a big clue that Gillis' leash got a bit shorter.

Gillis should be embarrassed that he did not supply the team with the right players. And by that, i mean a smart move to back up Malhotra before their agreed upon deadline to be assessed.

Im of the opinion that lack of an added deadly centerman buried/imbalanced the whole team and ultimately cost AV/Bones/Brown their jobs.

MG has completely mismanaged this team since the 2011 scf meltdown. AV should have been gone then. lack of scoring should have been addressed then. who to keep (raffi) and who to let go (Raymond) should have been addressed then. MG has burned two years of "the window" which if there was ever any doubt is now officially closed. this team is in rebuild mode and will be at the bottom of its new division for years. its going to be a painful 15 years or so.......

yeah okay, get to game 7 of the SCF and then fire the coach are you insane?

You really think coaching was that big of a part of our success?

Not the fact that we had two all star goalies, two elite MVP's, and a Selke winner second line center? With those pieces in place, what AV did here can only be described as underachievement.

How many nights did our goalies have to stand on their heads to get a win? How is that good coaching?

AV owes whatever success he had here to Luongo and Schneider, period.

yup totally agree. Luongo bailed him out year after year. In our 2 prez trophy years, Luongo and Schneider were both beasts. It pisses me off now because with Luongo leaving and only having one solid goalie we will probably never have that successful of a regular season again and all of the AV lovers will say it is because they fired AV when the actual reason is because we don't have 2 elite goaltenders on the team that routinely bail this team out.

Not really this is more of a move Gills could only make to save his own a$$. I still don't think next year we will be so much better. I expect a mediocre season and then Gills getting axed.

Nailed it.

I would be surprised too if a coach who knew what he was doing would take a job under Gillis.

** Ring **

Doug Wilson: Doug here.

Gillis: Doug...buddy how the hell are ya? It's Mike Gillis. Uhh...listen I know you're in the middle of the playoffs but we want to be able to talk to Larry Robinson to see if he's interested in coaching our club.

Doug Wilson: Well your first round draft pick would be nice.

>click<

Doug Wilson: Hello? Hello?

lets look at Ovechkin for a minute. His game had grown stale under boudreau and dale hunter.then Oates comes in and he starts to play hard again and fill the net. You would have to be naive to think Ovechkin doesnt receive the same treatment the twins do.

Also I don't think Louie Erikkson is a better player than Burrows. Your baseing that on 4 games.

Eriksson is a solid 70 point producer by himself. Lets be honest, most of Burrows points are generated by Sedinary magic. You think Bur can get 70 + points without the Sedins?

Archived