The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

I'm sure people like you will change their tune if the next coach is worse and the canucks fizzle out next season.

And i could say the same for you if the next coach implements a great system and motivates these players to go deep into the playoffs once again.

While we are throwing around names, truth is, most of us don't know much about these coaches.

I'm glad I'm not Gillis. This move will be under a microscope.

In fact all his moves this year will have tremendous amounts of pressure but coaching change is a HUGE decision as it will dictate how we will use the roster this season...

Good luck MG

well he may be moved or bought out now.  But he has a bad name now because of AV

That shouldn't matter to a new coach. Certainly he's going to make up his own mind on a player, rather than carry on the trends of a guy who just got fired...

...or are you just making excuses beforehand?

As much as I hate to see people lose their jobs, and as thankful as I am to them for all they have done.

It's time for a change, and I'm excited for it

There's an Eastern report (no link) saying it's no coincidence that AV is fired the day Dallas Eakins is allowed to explore his NHL opportunities. Hmmmmm....

Eakins has no place being a head coach with a veteran team , Assistant under a NHL experienced coach sure .

Eakins in my opinion would be the wrong choice in Vancouver

Strombone@strombone1

Since our 1st year when we arrived together, AV would always tell me that he'd be gone before I would. I guess he was right. Very ironic....

Don't know if it's been posted yet:

Louis Jean@LouisJean_TVA

Told Darryl Williams and Rolie Melanson are safe for now. Will be up to new head coach to decide if they will be retained. #Canucks

Archived