The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

Boucher's 1-3-1 system scares me.

I get where you're coming from but at the same time, what I really like about Boucher is that he seems to know how to play a defensive system without chocking the life out of his offence. Unlike most of these defensive coaches, he knows how to handle highly skilled forwards and not stifle them while still playing his system. He has experience and success with high end goal scoring players like Stamkos and co. Tampa's failing was never that they couldn't score. His ability to balance defensive play with high end offence combined with even competent goaltending (which he never had in Tampa) could be a deadly combination.

I hope the referees are aware of what they just did. 3 people lost their jobs because of unfair officiating. Thank you you assholes. THere has to be a way NHL officials get reviewed with possibility of them losing their jobs too.

I know you are smart enough to realize that the decision was not baded on one playoff series. AV cost himself his job by not being able to get the most out of the guys gillis brought in. He lived and died with his favorites who in the end let him down.

That's not how I remember it. IIRC, there was another team involved and it was a close thing...

Theres no concrete evidence but...

He turned down two GREAT teams. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

He signed for a relatively good price at 4.5m

He is a BC boy...

Mike Milbury would of been able to sign Hamhuis.

For those that think he should not have been fired and blame the team that MG has assembled...

Are the Canucks really bad enough to be swept by the Sharks?

Are they really bad enough to lose in 5 games against the Kings?

Are they really bad enough to only score 8 goals in 7 games against the Bruins?

If they are not, then it means they didn't play as well as the team that MG built.

Now whether the team is good enough is another question but when we are looking at trimming the fat, the underperformers gotta go. Expect some players to be shipped out as well.

After this if the team is still not good enough, MG will go

You ask those questions but yet every one of those things happened so I would think the answer should be quite obvious. You forgot to mention that the Canucks have been playing in arguably the worst division in the NHL as of recent.

I honestly do not think the team MG has assembled since his tenure in Van is good enough to win a cup. You speak of trimming the under performers you usually start at the top and work down. MG is the top of the food chain next to the owners and in my mind should be the first to go.

I also believe Lu had a huge part in making this team, not just AV look far better than they actually are. Can Schneids do the same? Not in my mind but only time will tell.

Hamhuis almost begged to come here. Gillis would have been a fool to turn him down.

Garrison also wanted to come here as Canucks last I checked were atop his short list. You'd have to be a space cadet not to be able to sign two players who wanted to play here that badly.

Theres no concrete evidence but...

He turned down two GREAT teams. Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

He signed for a relatively good price at 4.5m

He is a BC boy...

Mike Milbury would of been able to sign Hamhuis.

I know he's a BC boy. In fact, I met him last summer in Telkwa, which is close to his home town.

I think Vancouver was always a preferred destination, but I don't believe that it was the only possible destination.

I'm always skeptical when people try and deflect credit without any concrete evidence to back it up. The fact is, Gillis signed him and deserves credit for doing so. Just like Rutherford deserves credit for acquiring Jordan Staal, Slats deserves credit for Nash and Fletcher deserves credit for Parise and Suter...

Thanks for the best 7 seasons any diehard Vancouver Canucks fan could ask for. 2 Presidents trophies, 1 Stanley Cup Final appearance, 6 out of 7 Northwest Division champions. But it's time to move on, thanks for the memories, and I wish you the best in your future endeavours, Alain Vigneault.

Archived