The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Almost a year later, Rick Nash trade comes back to haunt the Rangers

Seriously. Look at what's happened.

The Rangers gave up their first, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon for Nash and a crap prospect. That's 61 points 43 points with almost equal cap space, versus 42 for 7.8 million, one player.

Nash also managed to play like garbage in the playoffs, as well. No-show Nash.

Rangers would have won that series with Boston if they had those three guys... And they'd still have there first. I definitely have to think firing Howson was a panic move, because he pulled off a great trade, along with being probably the only GM in the league to see Bobrovsky's potential . That's going to be one hell of a core!

The Rangers gave up their first, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon for Nash and a crap prospect. That's 61 points with far less cap space, versus 42 for 7.8 million, one player.

Nash also managed to play like garbage in the playoffs, as well. No-show Nash.

Rangers would have won that series with Boston if they had those three guys... And they'd still have there first. I definitely have to think firing Howson was a panic move, because he pulled off a great trade, along with being probably the only GM in the league to see Bobrovsky's potential . That's going to be one hell of a core!

Howson recognizing Bobrovsky's potential?

If you watched the Eastern Conference, Bobrovsky was outshining Ilya Bryzgalov. It was a gamble that worked out. But to say that nobody recognized his potential is a farce.

I don't like to think that Howson can recognize talent. He deserved to be fired A LONG time ago. In fact, I think you or anyone on this board could have done better than him.

He only had one ONE player worth mentioning from all his years drafting and managing in CBJ. Rick Nash.

Total joke.

That being said, the owners must have had a hand in that - they wanted their players rushed into the NHL rather than developed in the minors.

If any of their players that were rushed had succeeded, CBJ would have been a different franchise. Such a waste of talent.

People rag on the twins all the time. Nash, Marleau, etc. are players who haven't shown up in the playoffs. Hell even people are dumping on Toews.

Has anyone considered playoff hockey is really freaking hard?

The Rangers gave up their first, Anisimov, Dubinsky, and Erixon for Nash and a crap prospect. That's 61 points with far less cap [hit], versus 42 for 7.8 million, one player.

Cap hits are identical (actually 25k more for CBJ) not like the "FAR LESS CAP SPACE" yer on about.

And do you really think it's fair to judge one players points in a shortened season (Nash was a ppg man this year anyway) to three players COMBINED points in a previous years full season? Nash had 59 points last year btw.

edit

I see you've done a partial edit yerself.

hahahaha

Worth noting: Derick Brassard fit into NYR's system like a glove.

Brassard actually produced decent numbers on what is a bad CBJ team. Wasted, wasted talent.

http://bluejackets.n....htm?id=8473544

2008-2009 Blue Jackets 31 10 15 25 12 17 3 0 1 59 16.9 2009-2010 Blue Jackets 79 9 27 36 -17 48 4 0 0 125 7.2 2010-2011 Blue Jackets 74 17 30 47 -11 55 6 0 3 183 9.3 2011-2012 Blue Jackets 74 14 27 41 -20 42 5 0 3 125 11.2 2012-2013 Blue Jackets 34 7 11 18 -2 16 1 0 1 63 11.1 2012-2013 Rangers 13 5 6 11 3 0 2 0 0 25 20.0

For NYR, In 13 games, he had 5 goals and 6 assists = 11 points

(sorry for the bad formatting - table is found in the link provided - it doesn't copy and paste properly)

And people want to slag Gillis, but seriously there is much worse out there we could have and we should be a little more appreciative of the good he does. Howson did very little for that Columbus franchise and it's arguable that Davidson coming on had more to do with improving the hockey team than Howson did in his whole time there.

Lol I am sorry they get paid millions of millions of dollars if fans want to call out any player for not playing well they have that right.

Archived