The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grumpy Cat Meme gets a movie deal!

Godamn the internet is stupid. There are some funny things out there. This ... not one of them.

Just goes to show you the sorry condition of humans, who would make this movie and even better yet who in tarnation would watch it?

Godamn the internet is stupid. There are some funny things out there. This ... not one of them.

Just goes to show you the sorry condition of humans, who would make this movie and even better yet who in tarnation would watch it.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Also, as far as being pretentious, I don't see anything wrong with people wanting more than garbage. Is it better to read Twilight or read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? In the same way, I'd rather watch The Big Lebowski or Arrested Development over, say Grandma's Boy or Friends. There's nothing wrong with wanting more from entertainment. It's my brain, I'd rather not fill it with garbage like Date Movie (which I know isn't a Wayans brother film, but this is what they have inspired).

monty, you should know better than to engage in these sorts of conversations on CDC

if you have any interest in any sort of "art form" that is above/beyond the box office smash hits or the radio top 10, you're considered a pretentious hipster

Guest Gumballthechewy

why should Hollywood worry about artistic integrity or innovative ideas when people seem to go to movies to literally turn off their brains and laugh at gender bending and fart jokes?

i'm not saying there's something wrong with that, but it's not hollywood's problem, it's the consumer's problem.

So the new movie will be in the mold of Garfield. The problem here is that Garfield was garbage.

The problem with movies today is the movie going public. Look at the people in line next time you go. Its all 15 to 18 year old kids. These are the people who decide if a movie does well or not. Hollywood sure as hell knows it. Good movies get made and regularly get their pants beaten off them at the box office by movies youve forgotten by the time you get home. So more mindless crap comes out and less actually good movies. Its our own fault.

I paid to see Garfield. By doing so I supported the idea that this type of movie should continue to be made. Its a shame I have to live with.

that garfield movie was complete crap, didn't they get bill murray to voice garfield too?? garfield and bill murray should be a 100% money movie but that one tanked

hopefully this grumpy cat movie learns from that, but fat fricken chance, take a good thing and ruin it just like Hollywood always seems to do

Archived